• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door seals

jasonjc

Does any one know the part numbers for door seal,window seal , window track and the like for yets say J C Whitney or some place like that. I don't think Reo had them costom made for the deuce in the '50's.
And is there a nsn/part # to civc # cross refrance some for more then just filters

Thank You

jason

Opie

I've tried searching the forum about alternative sources for door/windshield seals/weather strips without any success.

Might anyone have suggestions for alternate sources for the raw materials for making my own rubber strips? With all the other issues on the truck, I'd have trouble justifying about $130 for NOS parts for the windshield and both doors.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hardware store's sell weather stripping that has an adhesive backing on one side. It comes in different thicknesses and widths. I had to use it on my jeep and it works great. Its about $6-9 dollars for a 10ft roll. Its usually in the screen door isle. Thats what I plan on using for my duece after the paint job is complete.

bozozimbo

I just bought a couple of rolls of weatherstripping from JC Whitney for my duece doors. It matches the original almost perfectly. Its for 59 to 64 Dodge/Plymouth doors. Its a pretty good deal too...comes with the glue. Ive already installed it and tossed the wrapper so I cant give you the exact part number.
I'm very happy with the results.

Warren Lovell

Also do a Google search for Lynn Steele Rubber Products. They have rubber for just about any vehicle. And the rubber quality is great. You have to watch out for the rubber out there that breaks down too fast.

warren

Haveittoplease

For rubber door seal(gaskets) and window gaskets, felt window channels try Erik's military and industrial supply. They have a great deal for All the door gaskets and windshield seals for $212. I've just bought a duece it needs all that and after weeks of looking I found another source Memphis equipment. Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks