• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Shut and won't open

Plughugger

I have had locking door handles installed on my doors. They operated fine for a little while but I now have a drivers door that won't open from either the outside or the inside? The handle moves 90* on the inside and on the outside but doesn't open the door, any suggestions on trying to get the door open so I can deal with issue short of taking the panel off the door while its shut which will be fun?
Thanks

Crazyguyla

Does it feel like the mechanism is working? My door sticks too, I usually have to give it a good yank or a stiff shove if I'm inside.

dmetalmiki

On what truck, van,tram, bus, or car is this?. It is nice to to be more descriptive when posting for 'help' or advice. Also the Country is a requirement of the site. Barnstable? is that Massachusetts U.S.or Devon U.K.
If the handles are on a deuce they tend to round off where they pass through the activation mechanism.

Plughugger

Thanks for asking dmetalmiki, sorry I didn't give that info, Its a M35a2. I did finally get it open after taking the handle off the door and prying the mechanism from inside and outside at the same time with screw drivers. It appears the latch is Faulty, when there is pressure against the mechanism the latch jams before opening all the way so I have a new latch mechanism coming. Thanks for all the suggestions and help

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Always remember that Deuce door/s can be combat locked.
My passengers did that quite a few times, and I did the drivers door, locked myself out.
I had to mark the doors. With a soft top one can get in but with a hardtop I don't know. There is many threads in SS about the repair of the door lock and window riser mechanisms, worth reading. One could see that there is not actually left and right mechanisms.
lock combat secure IMG_3090.jpg

Also due to door change on passenger side I had to adjust the striker catch affixed to the truck body. I put a piece of 1/4" rubber behind it and that worked good. there is a designed in leeway there and one should look close as doors and things get changed. It could be just a bit too far or a bit to close and I wanted it best condition.

The rubber is cheap or I have some for the postage if you want.

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always remember that Deuce door/s can be combat locked.
You can go in through the windshield if this happens. A good reason to leave your windshield unlocked. There's a sentence I never thought I'd write.

undysworld

Sounds like you've got it resolved, but (belatedly)...
My deuce had this issue on the driver's door. I removed the mechanism and repaired it. It's been a few years, so I'm afraid I've forgotten the exact nature of the failure, but it's a pretty simple affair.
If I were you, I'd pull it apart and start looking at how it works. There was some part that no longer actuated the mechanism. IIRC, I built it back up with a MIG, reassembled, and it worked.

Plughugger

Yes, It is the latch mechanism that is locking up, I have a new one coming. It was a new mechanism, so much for quality control on new parts,
l'll have to see what the problem is when I get it disassembled. Thanks for the Info

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks