• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door symbol on M1009?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Door symbol on M1109?

Spellings a little off -

53rd Troop Command, NY ARNG.
205th Corps Support Battalion.
133rd Quartermasters Company, Brooklyn NY
Truck #69

Hey, 69 is always a good number! Well, most of the time I guess....

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Door symbol on M1109?

rfischba1 said:
yes,
Unit markings on driver side : 53 HTC 205C6B
Passenger side reads: 133 QM69
I beleive the truck is out of NY
It's NY Army National Guard. 53rd Headdquarters Troop Command, 205 Corps Support Battalion, 133rd Quartermaster Company out of Brooklyn, NY.

Emblem is an unofficial unit emblem.

Ordnance Corps

The top part of the emblem is the Ordnance Corps Fireball or bomb or whatever you want to call it. It is the right collar insignia for all enlisted maintenance personnel on their dress green uniforms. The marks below it are a crossed rifle and wrench, signifying that this is a fully capable FIGHTING maintenance unit, not lowly REMFs keeping everyone else going.

These guys are proud to be mechanics.

Alredneck

Banned
RE: Ordnance Corps

Mechanic's have guns since when? I thought REMFing was the way of life for them. HAHA! Naw that symbol isnt even a regular ordnance ball but means it, its a artistic repesentation its like a unit calling card, some get away with it, some dont. In the Infantry we had death cards made up with our unit logos on them and place a card on the dead to show who had been there. These guys are showing off what trucks belong to their unit. That FOB runner aint doing any fighting these days. If it did any it would of been during the first 1-2 years of the war before they made it mandantory to have armor vehicles. Plan and simple soldiers think its cool to violate unit SOP's, TM's, and UCMJ to decorate their assigned vehicles with non-standard patterns.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks