• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door windows are very hard to roll up & down.. how to f

steelandcanvas

RE: door windows are very hard to roll up & down.. how

It might have jumped off the track, pull the door panel cover and look. You might need a flashlight and mirror. All of them probably need lubrication.

rsh253

The driver's side window on my newly aquired duece was also stuck half way down. The window mechanism had jumped off the track, just as steelandcanvas suggested. After much fooling around and having to jam my hand in tight places within the door, I was able to get most of it back on the tracks. One the the tracks, however, is bent from being jamed. I'm going to have to pull the whole thing out & try ti fix the bent track or I may have to replace that part of the window frame. In the meantime, I can still only roll the window 1/2 down. A real pain! Good luck with yours.

-Russ

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine rolls up but screams like a constipated banshee when you roll it up. I have to open up the door panel, but man, the last time I opened up a door panel on an MV it was my old M725, and it was a PITA to put the whole shebang back together. I am afraid that the deuce doors will be similar...

Barrman

RE: doors

Devilman did the power window install with pictures.

As far as working with the regulator and door latch. Having one of those flexible things with the 4 "grabbers" at the end really helped me pull mine apart.

Also, the window glass probably will not come out the top until you remove the stops. If you look at the bottom of the window, the metal frame has a long groove and a short groove. One on each side. At the very outside edge of each groove there is a little bitty piece of angle iron held on by 2 little bitty philips head screws. Pull them off or the window will not come out. No matter how hard you pull or cuss at it.

rsh253

Wayne,

Thanks for the listing to the TM. I've printed it & it will be very helpful. :lol: I'm very new at this duece thing, and have made copies of all the TMs, but I still have some difficulty finding the right sections. :?

I picked up my Duece out of New Orleans just over 3 weeks ago with plans to drive it back to Charlotte. The passenger's window works fine. I was able the drive's side down OK which I was thankful for as it was a very warm day. Thunder storms were predicted for the following 2 days & I was a bit distressed when I discovered the window was stuck in the down position! That evening I was finally able to get the window to go up & down, but only 1/2 way. A good compromise. Luckily there were no thunderstorms and we made it home OK after covering 830 miles.

-Russ