• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dot 5...

3rdaavbn

Can anyone tell me the DOT5 brake fluid capacity on the M35A2?
Mine is about to be looked into and I want to make sure I bring enough for filling and of course bleeding.
Thanks

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start with searching the site. It has been covered many many times.

A gallon will do unless you want to completely flush the system a couple of times then just get two gallons.

2002 DOT will be just fine if you keep the cap on the jug/can.

DieselBob

As long as it has been in a closed container so not foreign material could contaminate it you should be fine. It doesn't absorb moisture like DOT3 which is what kills it over time.

welldigger

I think 2 quarts was more than enough to do my truck. And that was after rebuilding the mc and replacing the air pack. Then I flushed each wheel cylinder until nice clean purple fluid came out. This was all done with my home made pressure bleeder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks