• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

SasquatchSanta

Clinton,

First of, I want to say your project is nothing short of world class. Take a well deserved bow!

Here is something you may find to be advantageous. Given the close distance between the rear tire and the fuel tank I elected to install additional steel mud flaps in front of the rear wheels. Actually, all I would have needed was one of the passengers side to protect the fuel tank but for looks I went ahead and installed them on both sides. It protects the fuel tank from flying rocks and "I think" is looks good. Just a thought.

I'm attaching the only picture I have that comes close to showing what I'm talking about. Sorry it of the wrong side but you get the idea.

PS: I guess I could have gone out and taken a better picture but the wolves have been howling tonight so this is one bald headed fat man that ain't leaving the house :-D

Keep up the good work.

Attachments

ccequipment

Clinton,

First of, I want to say your project is nothing short of world class. Take a well deserved bow!

Here is something you may find to be advantageous. Given the close distance between the rear tire and the fuel tank I elected to install additional steel mud flaps in front of the rear wheels. Actually, all I would have needed was one of the passengers side to protect the fuel tank but for looks I went ahead and installed them on both sides. It protects the fuel tank from flying rocks and "I think" is looks good. Just a thought.

I'm attaching the only picture I have that comes close to showing what I'm talking about. Sorry it of the wrong side but you get the idea.

PS: I guess I could have gone out and taken a better picture but the wolves have been howling tonight so this is one bald headed fat man that ain't leaving the house :-D

Keep up the good work.
I have done that in the past on another truck I built, I even put the pioneer rack on the drivers side. I was pressed for time on the last crew build and just never got to it. It takes time on those little details, but they make the truck. I have plans to do that along with some jerry cans. I also have a new camo cover on order for the m105 bed I plan to use. I Am thinking of running dual exhaust like you did and maybey dual air cleaners. If time permits I will try it. Did I hear you were or have sold your truck, I hate to hear that. Thanks for the complements, because most of the time you only hear about the negative things, not the postive things about people. I have posted a couple of pics of a truck with the front flaps.

Attachments

ccequipment

The tires on the first on was 15.5-80R20 Michelin XL's, I have some brand new Goodyear 395 MVT's for this one, the same size (46") tall. Here is a couple of pics of the truck and donor cab. I also put a picture of a HIAB 071 knucle boom I picked up last week. Its is all self contained, with a 16HP Kohler on it. I just rebuilt the engine and the boom works great. I thought about putting it on a truck, but I may put the unit up for sale first. It was set up on a truck or something, it has a roller system on the bottom so it can travel down a set of I beams, pretty neat. this would make a nice rig for a 5 or 2.5 ton

Attachments

SasquatchSanta

........... Did I hear you were or have sold your truck, I hate to hear that. Thanks for the complements, because most of the time you only hear about the negative things, not the postive things about people...........
My compliments about your work are well deserved.

Yes ... I am moving toward selling Rosie but it's going to be a while. There are several things I want to do before listing her, one being a complete interior paint job and a white tuck and rolled naugahyde headliner. That isn't going to happen until spring. I also waht to finish the www.M35MonsterTruck.com website and sell the site with the truck. I've got a lot in my truck so it isn't going to go cheap --- with the LDS engine, preoiler and all it's also a lot of truck. I'm in no hurry ---- kind of iffy on selling her.

Keep up the good work

ccequipment

Here is a couple of more pics of the second crew cab. Its going pretty well, picked up a couple of front Dodge truck seats with shoulder belts so that should save some time. Since I have a large supply on rebuilt front axels, I ordered some parts for a rear steer option just to do something diffrent. We will see how that goes, it may be a wash. My plans are to have an air cylinder lock the rear axel in place with a pin for safe on road driving. I was planing on doing an electric over hydruliac pump and set up a return to center system. I have some proximty switches and micro switches ordered, we will see what we can throw together.

Attachments

ccequipment

I picked up a couple of front seats out of a 2001 Dodge 2500 with shoulder belts in the seats. I used some 2x3 tubing for spacers off the floor, and got the seats all mocked up ready to bolt in once it gets painted. I will get some pics up this weekend along with some more progress

Yaivenov

Awesome work. Got a question though, if you wanted to do an extended body all the way to the end forgoing a truck bed entirely, what sort of flexing problems would you encounter?

ccequipment

the frame flexes a bunch on these kind of trucks, I have not had any problems with the 4 door like i have, but much longer than that and you would need to design a mounting system that could move, but it could be done, air bags might be an option.

Jakob

the frame flexes a bunch on these kind of trucks, I have not had any problems with the 4 door like i have, but much longer than that and you would need to design a mounting system that could move, but it could be done, air bags might be an option.
That's what I was going to say. I haven't built one, but I have seen a semi-truck with a double sleeper (for lack of a better term) and it's on air bags.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks