• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

bambambam22

AC

You can put AC on these trucks? I have not seen the kit for that. Can you tell me who sells that of what it is that I need to start looking for if it is a custom made kit? That truck is way awesome.

If someone would produce a kit for a reasonable price, they'd have alot of customers. Or maybe even a universal installation kit say something with all the brackets hoses driers filter etc, and a list of what units will fit with the kit.

ccequipment

here is a link to the kit I used https://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/big-truck-floor-mount-evaporator-system-453.php

I did go with a smaller condenser because of size restriction up front, and I did notice my high side pressure was up towards the high side but still usable, proably due to it not being quite as big as it should and not cooling the air as it should. But all in all unit works great and and is cool, but I have yet to try it out on a hot day. For some reason it has been cool here, in the low 70's but I am not going to complain. Got the windows tinted tonight so that should help a bunch. About the only big heat source left is from the floor boards, and I hate to have to insulate them and put some carpet down, I like the steel floorboard look myself. I will keep you guys updated when it gets back in the 90's again. The kit worked out pretty well, just had to make a bracket for the A/C compresser. Thanks for all the postive feedback, it keeps me posting

wb1895

here is a link to the kit I used https://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/big-truck-floor-mount-evaporator-system-453.php

I did go with a smaller condenser because of size restriction up front, and I did notice my high side pressure was up towards the high side but still usable, proably due to it not being quite as big as it should and not cooling the air as it should. But all in all unit works great and and is cool, but I have yet to try it out on a hot day. For some reason it has been cool here, in the low 70's but I am not going to complain. Got the windows tinted tonight so that should help a bunch. About the only big heat source left is from the floor boards, and I hate to have to insulate them and put some carpet down, I like the steel floorboard look myself. I will keep you guys updated when it gets back in the 90's again. The kit worked out pretty well, just had to make a bracket for the A/C compresser. Thanks for all the postive feedback, it keeps me posting

Just a thought, but why not insulate the underside of the floor? I know a lot of newer cars have stick on heat resistant shields, you could always paint it OD. It would keep the integrity of the steel floors in the cab.

ccequipment

How much would you charge to build one of those?
I did post it up for sale on ebay just to see what happens, But I hope to drive it for a while at least. My family and I took it out to dinner, and it was the center of attention. The extra cab is so nice for the kids. Hopefully someone does not buy it, but if they do I guess i will have to build another one if I got it in me. We ended up with over 215 man hours in it. Took a little longer than I first thought but i think it has turned out nice, and thanks for all the response. Plan to run it in the 4th of july parade.:-D