• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dragging junk cars in sand - Deuce or 5 ton?

DavidWymore

Unfortunately, it probably won't be soon, but as soon as I get the $, I will be headed your way.

How about the gasser engines? Lighter, easier to maintain? Only in the older trucks, which I think had weaker axles?

WildWolfman

Sorry for the late reply, but weight is good to give you the most traction, like recovery said, just got to be careful about the nose.

Think of it like quads taking off in the sand, the heavier one always gains traction first, well from my experience anyways.

GL with your adventures!

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
we use deuces and a 5 ton to pull our ginormous mudtrucks out when we stuck them. the 5 ton makes a deuce look like a honda civic when it comes to draggin dead/stuck stuff around. the cummins in the 813 has som much crankshaft that you most of the time dont even have to give it throttle to free most stuff. i would use the 5 ton to drag the stuff you wanna move. it will be easier on the truck than it would be to a deuce and if an operator knows how to drive the vehicle you should have no problems getting stuck. if you do get stuck you can winch it out with the deuce and 3 snatchblocks. i did this last week to the 813 my buddy had

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks