• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drain plug

pwrwagonfire

I know its a long shot....

But does anybody know what size rubber gasket their M37 or power wagon has on the oil pan drain? I am gonna need to get a replacement for a '64 WM300 and wanna try and get a ballpark before hitting the parts store!

I have the plug pictured in my head....but I got nothing on the measurements!:roll:

longshot2171

I think it calls for a 7/8 inch. Napa has normally has metal ones behind the counter. If you want the thicker nylon ones try looking in the oil plug section at your local parts store. I picked one up at advance auto a for a few bucks. I think it was made by either motor-mite or dorman . If not try either vintage or midwest...

timmmaaa06

Oil pan Gasket

Hi I replaced the oil pan gasket and there was a bag with two pencil thin rubber rods I do not know where they go. the gasket cam from napa and is the cork type material. I have a leak in the back of the pan between the clutch and oil pan its self I do not know where if those two rubber rods were for something. thank you I have a 53 m37. antifreez is driping occationaly from that area as well.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi I replaced the oil pan gasket and there was a bag with two pencil thin rubber rods I do not know where they go. the gasket cam from napa and is the cork type material. I have a leak in the back of the pan between the clutch and oil pan its self I do not know where if those two rubber rods were for something. thank you I have a 53 m37. antifreez is driping occationaly from that area as well.
If you have a T245 and installed a Victor style rear main seal it will not seal correctly. The anti freeze may be coming from a rusted out freeze plug.

Here is the only rear main seal that will work if it's not a bolted in style.

Bert

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks