• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drash generator 35kw with 96,000 BTU A/C?

smeeg

Hello recently purchased a Drash generator 35kw with 96,000 BTU A/C
(Paid $11,500 with just 4 original hours on it)
i want to run the A/C from the building power (shore power) I don’t know where to acquire or what to call the military style plugs for the shore power?
Also the “j5 120volts input” I’m assuming is a trickle charger/block heater?
Id like to find a plug for that as well if that’s the case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

(I know I can change out the military plugs for civilian plugs but would like to keep it original if possible)

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Look at your jacks. Get the part number/NSN of the jack. Then look them up in your web browser. Look for the plug the mates to it.

Also try PM'ing Supman in the forum. He is sharp with these things.

smeeg

Look at your jacks. Get the part number/NSN of the jack. Then look them up in your web browser. Look for the plug the mates to it.

Also try PM'ing Supman in the forum. He is sharp with these things.
Whats a “jack”? The receptacles I posted pictures of??

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The shore power is an input so you can run the ac without the gen. There is usually a 60a output connection. It is a 3 phase generator.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello recently purchased a Drash generator 35kw with 96,000 BTU A/C
(Paid $11,500 with just 4 original hours on it)
i want to run the A/C from the building power (shore power) I don’t know where to acquire or what to call the military style plugs for the shore power?
Also the “j5 120volts input” I’m assuming is a trickle charger/block heater?
Id like to find a plug for that as well if that’s the case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

(I know I can change out the military plugs for civilian plugs but would like to keep it original if possible)
Do you have 3 phase power available at your building?

smeeg

The shore power is an input so you can run the ac without the gen. There is usually a 60a output connection. It is a 3 phase generator.
Correct I’m looking for the female/male nato connectors for the shore power

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have a connector that will fit that J1. What is the dimensions inside the collar? Does it give you an amp rating for it? 60amp? 100 amp?

Last edited:

smeeg

I may have a connector that will fit that J1. What is the dimensions inside the collar? Does it give you an amp rating for it? 60amp? 100 amp?
I’ll take a measurement and see if has any ratings on it Tommorow

uniquify

I’ll take a measurement and see if has any ratings on it Tommorow
Look inside the inlet connector above the bottom center pin. It should have a number like one of these:
32-12 ( 60 amps, 5 pins)
44-12 (100 amps, 8 pins)
52-12 (200 amps, 8 pins).

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one left. It only has short tails on the end so you would need to add more cable to go to the building.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks