• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drash generators

2deuce

I have seen the cables for sale, and yes I felt the shock. That was why I asked about buying the plug ends. I haven't found them for sale...I take it that is also shocking? Are they controlled parts?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen the cables for sale, and yes I felt the shock. That was why I asked about buying the plug ends. I haven't found them for sale...I take it that is also shocking? Are they controlled parts?
The cheapest path to a cable is to buy one of the surplus ones, and yes I'm aware they're $550-$1300. There's one in California on ebay that's priced far below value, but the guy won't ship it.

The plugs themselves are $250-$400. It's been 2018 since I priced them. And then you'll need 5 conductor cable of the appropriate gauge.

They aren't restricted. I pulled part numbers off my J1 port and used that to find the manufacturer. I got lucky and @beltfed1934 had a couple of used cut off plugs and I bought them and used them to make an adapter for my welder (in 2018).