• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drash/GET Perkins 20KW no fuel problem

bigfishtoys

Just hooked it up to the truck heading home. More pictures soon
.View attachment 683819
thought that picture looked familiar. i just picked up the one next to yours today. Guess we were bidding against each other to be able to get one... I'll have to read this whole post to learn more on how to get all the correct filters and fluids to get mine running. Mine had no filters of any kind, and all fluids drained. How's yours working?

shawnshumvee

thought that picture looked familiar. i just picked up the one next to yours today. Guess we were bidding against each other to be able to get one... I'll have to read this whole post to learn more on how to get all the correct filters and fluids to get mine running. Mine had no filters of any kind, and all fluids drained. How's yours working?
She run's GREAT! A bit hard starting but it may be just be me or Glow plugs? I think I might have one of your cover for the 12" duct? i have 3 12" covers and only 2 Ducts. Also I'm selling my ECU.

shawnshumvee

Yes. I will swap you the correct output cable for the ac unit
? Trade? Send pics because I really don't know anything about this. I thought think I'm going to need Step by step kinda thing just until I get the lingo and proper components identified. I can wire out let's I just neeed to know where to start and so on. And like always, thanks a million for your help thus far.

Last edited:

rsms

How many cables do you have to spare? Are all of your cables only about 16'? I make my own but I'm just about out of the connectors and could possibly use a few more longer cables

rsms

lol....I know the feeling. That's why I bit the bullet and went out and bought the correct crimper to build my own. Not a cheap way but it did make it easier to get exactly what I need.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I bought a big lot of cables I am supposed to have some good used ones coming in. Have to wait and see if they are the right ones and the condition though.

rsms

I would be interested to know what you get and if you ever get any 60a connectors I'm always in the market for them. I can use any of the 4 types (power source, male or female cable, and load) with or with out contactor pins.

Poccur

You have to be careful if you decide to remove the ECU. Those units are designed to be stable with the ECU and the GEN attached..take off the ECU and you have a GEN balanced on a single axle and a light front end..step on the rear deck without the rear jack stands down and the ECU removed......well, let's just say it is an 'attention getter' when the nose flips up ...ask me how I know...!!!!

Maxlmt

I have the same problem. I removed the fuel pump lines like you did and got no fuel. What web site did you get your pump breakdown? Thanks. I took mine apart and noticed the parts are timed. Please any help is appreciated.

Maxlmt

If you primed it and there is fuel at the pumps then the fuel rail is probably not opening. Take the solenoid out and see if it runs.
Yeah I believe it's the fuel rail. I remove the actuator then I tried starting the generator to see if the actuator moves and it does. I was trying to look up Perkins to get a breakdown of the injection pump. I haven't had any luck finding any information on the injection pump

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Stick your finger in the hole feel if the fuel rail moves. Did you prime the gen? Do you have fresh fuel at the pump? There is a bolt on the right side of the fuel lines coming out of the ip that you loosen to prime. You may have to prime it a few times to get all the air out. When you first got the unit did you fully drain the fuel tank, put a new fuel filter on and fresh fuel in it? I find a lot of these have water in the fuel tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks