• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drive 14hrs to Ga? Sure, let me do some PMCS

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Outstanding, you disconnected the axle and moved the truck.

Will you be my neighbor?
Its just easier that way. You don't have to worry about the wheels turning, don't have to worry about the pinion flipping over, pull the bolts that hold the leaf spring pins(then tap the pins out) and lift it up. The brake line and pitman arm were the only other things that needed disconnection. I was going to undo the U-bolts, but your not supposed to re-use them. Stretch mentioned doing it this way and it worked great. Should be interesting to see how hard it is to line everything up to put back. I will let you know tomorrow, I hope.

bratpackdad

Thats one of Crusher's neighbors Spencer. He just got off work and knew what I was doing. Stopped by for moral support and to let me know he had some "fuel" for me. Be careful, he is a member here, just doesn't own a truck... YET!

A member here?!? Boy howdy better get them hands out and get working! :hammer: LOL ..

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't remember being that messy about it! Would have used the M108 to swap out my axle, but it was the truck getting the axle swapped.

Even without a wrecker, it was a quick job. Just cribbed up the truck behind the rear spring hanger, with the axle just off the ground.

They make silicone one piece boots for the deuce, think chuck's trucks has them. I won't put the zipper style on my trucks. It's more work for the one piece, but they seal and install much better.

Dennis

Srjeeper

Sissy.....

All I know is Gimp is gettin soft!

A year or so ago he'd a done this on the left shoulder of I-75 in a blizzard at midnight.

Darn Sissy Kid...:oops:

gimpyrobb

Well, I got it done and drove out of Crusher's yard before dark! Kinda worn out though. Now I just need to empty a full deuce bed, Load a tote for fuel, pick up some trailers, Load the truck back up, OH I forgot to fix my bed side so my cargo cover won't fit, Load lots of stuff for the trip, and buy some socks. Not sure I will be prepared for this trip.Wish me luck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be doing my boots at the rally, no time left! Working Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 14 hrs each day and leaving Tuesday night. Crap!

Srjeeper

I wonder....

Good Luck Gimpy, lord knows if anybody needs it, you usually do. :rolleyes:

Just exactly what ya planned to top your Haspen misadventure? :doh:

Keep this stuff up and you just may end up with a show in Vegas. :rolleyes:

"Gimpy Newton's Thrill Show & "Don't try this at home" Safety Seminar".
rofl

TaylorTradingCo

NOS parts

There will be a new vendor at the rally this year. His name is Kevin and he was at Camp Jordan this weekend. He has tons of NOS Deuce parts, I saw zipper boots, light bulbs, bearings, seals, filters, lights, gauges, switches, pioneer tools... I told him he would do well there.

Gimpy and anyone else coming down I-75 from up north, you are welcome to stop over at my place near Chattanooga if you need to stop midway for the night.

Derek Taylor

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be doing my boots at the rally, no time left! Working Sunday, Monday and Tuesday 14 hrs each day and leaving Tuesday night. Crap!
Maybe not! I just did the right side of the truck. Solid silicone boots and repacked the bearings. Took me 95 minutes. The yellow boots are not attractive but the silicone should outlast the other crap. I still have loading to do as well. Crap!

gimpyrobb

Got my truck unloaded today, then re-loaded some other stuff, had a visitor stop by to drop off a springer seat, got some fuel and a trailer for Tim. Tomorrow I need to pack some MORE stuff. Pick up another trailer, do some laundry, and I'd really like to get some sleep. Might need to equip SW with a squirt gun full of ice water to keep me awake during the drive down.

Dmaxcc6spd

A member here?!? Boy howdy better get them hands out and get working! :hammer: LOL ..
I guess the gloves are off. I may look clean from work - but I can turn wrenches with the best of them. Crusher and Gimpy can attest to that. I get plenty greasy - did two transmissions this year and have built 5 engines from the ground up. Granted, my vehicles may be smaller, but you know what they say about guys with big truicks!!!!

Beware, or I'll send my assistant to "work" on your truck!!! He's 5 but turns a wrench too!

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my truck unloaded today, then re-loaded some other stuff, had a visitor stop by to drop off a springer seat, got some fuel and a trailer for Tim. Tomorrow I need to pack some MORE stuff. Pick up another trailer, do some laundry, and I'd really like to get some sleep. Might need to equip SW with a squirt gun full of ice water to keep me awake during the drive down.

I'm getting my cardiologist to give me an IV to fill up with Mountain Dew for your arm this morning.

:)

Yes Kenny, unless something bad happens today at work my bags are almost packed.

sw

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes Kenny, unless something bad happens today at work my bags are almost packed.

sw
So if something bad happens, you're gonna' be naked?

Please understand this is a family friendly affair. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks