• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drive shaft parts

jag7720

I replaced the rear seal on the transfer case. When I was looking at the yoke and it has a groove in it where the seal rides.

I though that having the new seal would take up that slack in the yok but I am now leaking a lot of fluid out of the transfer case.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a new yoke?

Attachments

jag7720

I found it... that prolly won't work as they are only 1.5" long max and I would nee to cover the whole yoke which is 5" or 6" long and the groove is smack in the middle.

jag7720

I am working on the rear drive shaft of a CUCV. The front part of it is a slip yoke and is about 5 inches long.

The groove is in the middle. When looking at what these sleeves do, I was concerned that the yoke would slip in and out as it is supposed to and rub the seal where the sleeve is taller than the yoke, more than just a flat yoke would... thus wearing the seal out quicker.

Maybe I am wrong.

ida34

You should also let us know what cucv you have as the M1009 drive train parts do not always cross to the other models.

CCATLETT1984

all of the cucv's have the 32spline outputs, so this part would cross to the different trucks, I believe that even though the 1008's have a larger rear driveshaft, it uses the same series u-joints.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks