• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driver side lean, need help leveling!!!

NVRENUFF

I installed a Skyjacker 6" Lift a couple months ago and the truck has a noticeable lean to the driver side. In front, axle center to fender is 1.25" lower on driver side. In the rear, axle center to fender is 3/4" lower on driver side. With the stock springs it also was lower on the driver side, but I never measured it. The truck has never been wrecked and no visible frame damage. What could be causing this lean? Anyone else have a lean this severe? I'd let it go if it was less than 1/2" deviation, but 1.25" is too much.

Ill be searching google for answers as well. Hopefully one of the old timers here will have some insight.

m715mike

Sorry, I'm no help with your leveling issue.

However, I just wanted to say Howdy and welcome to the site. I live just down Highway 105 from you in Montgomery, Texas. There are a number of truck owners in the area, and from time-to-time we try to get together. I'll give you a heads-up the next time something is going on in our area.

NVRENUFF

I'm on the edge of Cut N Shoot but pass through Montgomery fairly often. Definitely give me a heads up, it'd be nice to check out some other toys.

Kaiser67M715

You need to check if the frame is twisted, I have seen them twist from overloading and some hard wheeling, this isn't always noticeable by visual inspection, the other thing would be to inspect cab mounts, but as it leans with the bed as well I would say it is not the cab mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86m1028

Was the lift installed on level ground ?
Was the suspension tighten up with vehicle weight on it ?
You could have a weak spring or bound up suspension.
Loosen shackle mounts frt & rear on level ground & retighten.

NVRENUFF

Was the lift installed on level ground ?
Was the suspension tighten up with vehicle weight on it ?
You could have a weak spring or bound up suspension.
Loosen shackle mounts frt & rear on level ground & retighten.
I have a nice shop with a level floor, it was all installed correct and not tightened till weight was on it. If the frame is tweaked the load on the wheels will show it. I have a buddy with a set of tire scales, maybe I can see how much weight is on each corner.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad body mounts???

Chaski

I'd look over the rear springs with a fine toothed comb. You might have a broken leaf in the rear drivers side pack

CUCVLOVER

Run a straight edge across the top of the leafs in the front and measure the distance to the top of the pack. Do that on both sides, you could have a weak spring. You uses new springs up front right? Even if they are new it could still be weak.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NVRENUFF

I've been thinking, this truck was used for 16yrs to pull school buses out of ditches. If the frame is racked a little it could possibly cause this. I need to get some frame cross measurements.

NVRENUFF

Ok I think the frame needs pulled. The passenger frame rail is 3/8" further forward, so the fame is racked. It may also be slightly twisted. I'll get some quotes from good frame shops and see where I stand. I have a spare frame off a 2015 silverado 1500 crew cab short bed. May be worth the swap and fab for the stiffer frame.

m715mike

Ok I think the frame needs pulled. The passenger frame rail is 3/8" further forward, so the fame is racked. It may also be slightly twisted. I'll get some quotes from good frame shops and see where I stand. I have a spare frame off a 2015 silverado 1500 crew cab short bed. May be worth the swap and fab for the stiffer frame.

Now it sounds like you have a project on your hands!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks