• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driver's seat adjustment

Cav Trooper

I'm having a problem with leg room for the clutch pedal. I lost some movement from a broken left knee and I can barely get my foot on the clutch pedal with the seat all the way back. I am wondering if the seat back cushion can be reduced in thickness. I don't know what is under the cover, maybe if I can get another inch of leg room it would be a lot more comfortable to reach the clutch. Any ideas??

M-37Bruce

Drivers Seat Modifications

There are two screws that anchor the cushion to the shell/bucket. I'm guessing that you could reduce the amount of padding or remove part of the metal frame/spring frame?
Another option might be to remove an inch of padding on the seat base, also reduce the thickness of the wood panel base? I did most of these to my drivers seat. I have some pics somewhere, I'll post 'em for you asap.

Last edited:

Eric's hifim37

Being 6' 3' myself I completely removed the seat back cushion assembly and added padding just to the seat back then used "edge" beading around the seat to hold and finish off the upholstery. This really works good, I left in the original seat bottom, just had it overstuffed. I have to point it out to people, they never hardly notice.

The M37 is worth squeezing into, such a awesome truck. But ofcourse it is a DODGE

Good luck, Eric..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks