• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drivers side window came out of regulator bracket

Rennat_2006

Anyone else dver have the metal bracket attached to the bottom of the roll up windows pop off of the glass? My drivers side did recently. I tried using 3m weatherstrip adhesive in the channel then installing glass back in and leaving it rolled up for a few days with pressure against it but it only held for a couple days after that.

Any recomendations on a glue to keep it together?

ezgn

Anyone else dver have the metal bracket attached to the bottom of the roll up windows pop off of the glass? My drivers side did recently. I tried using 3m weatherstrip adhesive in the channel then installing glass back in and leaving it rolled up for a few days with pressure against it but it only held for a couple days after that.

Any recomendations on a glue to keep it together?
Take it to an automotive glass shop, they will fix it for you or sell you what you need to fix it.

cucvrus

I have replaced a lot of rusty window sash over the years on M1009's rear glass and all other vehicles that were originally designed to use the swedged rubber method from new. I always have 100% results with the use of Manus 25AM sealant adhesive.
Manuals-Bond 25-AM: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

It is a great product and once it is open it has a short tube life. Key is to remove the glass and thoroughly clean the sash track and glass. Apply the sealant/adhesive in the clean sash and put it on the bottom of the clean glass. I use a large clamp and let it seal a day or 2.

Rule # 1 make sure you put the sash on the correct way. You will play --LL getting it off if it adheres to the glass. This stuff sticks and will outlast the truck. Good Luck.

nyoffroad

I have replaced a lot of rusty window sash over the years on M1009's rear glass and all other vehicles that were originally designed to use the swedged rubber method from new. I always have 100% results with the use of Manus 25AM sealant adhesive.
Manuals-Bond 25-AM: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

It is a great product and once it is open it has a short tube life. Key is to remove the glass and thoroughly clean the sash track and glass. Apply the sealant/adhesive in the clean sash and put it on the bottom of the clean glass. I use a large clamp and let it seal a day or 2.

Rule # 1 make sure you put the sash on the correct way. You will play --LL getting it off if it adheres to the glass. This stuff sticks and will outlast the truck. Good Luck.
Never used that particular product but I have used others like it. It WILL outlast the truck! One time just as an experiment I used 3M urethane to 'glue' on a set of cab corners , it worked great except for the body filler didn't stick along that seam line. No biggie , I just wanted to see if it worked and for how long. Lasted several years and still looked good when it was sold.

I'M NOT RECOMMENDING IT FOR GLUEING METAL TO METAL!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks