• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

driverside alternator is off set...

DDT

The Alternator is offset by a few degrees resulting in a future belt issue.

the upper and lower brackets for the alt are bolted to the head and the brace is bolted to the intake with no noticalbe gap to adjust the alt. The alt is off about a 1/2" towards the firewall causing the "v" belt to twist and split. I am running the belt on the middle groove of the water pump, outer groove of the ps pump and the outer groove off the crank. I have just drivin it around the block a few times ironing out all of the tweeks. Otherwise everything else is up to par, so this is the last issue. Anyone know if i missed a bushing pushing the brackets out from the head, extra washer set, or need to swap a different set up off of the head? The upper and lower cradles are cast iron and have no signs of abuse or (BFH) hammer adjustments.

this truck was complete when I bought it...but it had been completely messed up as well. Prior wiring issues were all over the place. Thanks to the patience of a few on the board we ironed them out!

The lower bolts for the alt are slightly adjustable by the slip bushing but i think the problem is rooted in the way its attached to the head. The power steering pump is correct.

Also my alt 2 light is on while driving, I heard this can be an issue if the belts are slipping, alt out put is 14.5v. Both alt 1 & 2 light up when started.

Thanks for looking.
-Taylor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks