• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driveshaft yoke

TACMED

Ok done something I shouldnt have, ended up with a broke front yoke on the rear driveshaft. Is there a civilian model that can swap or anyone got any leads on any of these?

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were made by Detroit Products, a long gone outfit. If your driveshaft shop has parts, they will be expensive.

Always, when dealing with any tactical truck, buy from a surplus dealer and stay away from NAPA or commercial supply houses. You support those in the business, and they know what you need without those dumb looks & questions.

Try White Owl, T.W. Murray, Adirondack, Antelope Valley, A. B. Linn eTc.

dg

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with supporting those in the surplus business. However, I know what items I can buy at NAPA and what items I need to go to the surplus guys for. For myself I do not see the economy in calling the surplus guys when my truck is down due to a part I can get locally the same day. I have had good service from the surplus guys on parts specific to the military truck, just that for every day stuff and parts I know can cross-reference, why pay shipping and wait for it to arrive when I can simply go to the NAPA and get it? I have done a lot of business with my local store, and that might be an advantage in that they always take time to do their best to find a part I cannot just ask for by year and model. A "stranger" or occasional customer might not get the same service.
Regards Marti