• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving my m1009 from Chicago to denver tomorrow 6/12

Ilikemtb999

I had to leave my m1009 at my folks house a few months ago when I moved from Chicago to Denver (turns out it was too wide for any available trailer I could rent).

I was finally able to get back to Chicago to make the 1,000 mile trip back to denver in it. I'm both excited and nervous. I figure I'd keep it at its comfortable cruising speed of 60-65mph the whole way. I've done fluid checks, lug nut check air pressure and I drove it for a good hour today running around town and all was well.

Any other suggestions/advice?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carry a spare fuel filter. I had to drive 6 hours away once to change the filter on my truck that my daughter was driving to go get my son. He needed to tow a disabled Vette back to our place for me to fix. I sent her because I was at work. She was towed to a place with three truck stops but no replacement filter for those six hours. I had to abruptly leave work early and make the drive. It took me 5 minutes to change the filter. Wound up taking two vehicles and three people (and a towing bill) to retrieve the Vette. And don't get me started on working on Vettes.

I always carry spare filters for my diesel vehicles now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks