• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DRMO stuff...hopefuly

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:
X amount of time to allow lower government agencies and some Civil groups to request it to be transfered to them.
Anyone have a list of the "Civil Agencies" that are allowed to request military surplus equipment for the price of filling out the paperwork? Also, it used to be that if you were a non-profit group, you could request certain items as well. Is this still the case?

Perhaps if I start a not-for-profit military museum, I can request some pieces of equipment that normally wouldn't be allowed out for auction...

acetomatoco

Check out your State's Agency for Surplus Property... they are the direct contact for Non Profits...to all Federal Programs.. look up SASP in Google...

NEIOWA

maddawg308 said:
FreightTrain said:
X amount of time to allow lower government agencies and some Civil groups to request it to be transfered to them.
Anyone have a list of the "Civil Agencies" that are allowed to request military surplus equipment for the price of filling out the paperwork? Also, it used to be that if you were a non-profit group, you could request certain items as well. Is this still the case?

Perhaps if I start a not-for-profit military museum, I can request some pieces of equipment that normally wouldn't be allowed out for auction...
State Surplus agencies. They get after has been picked over/thru by all the other eligible parties: Mil users, Fed Users, then States. They get at no cost. BUT they have to pickup and transport at their expense. So all that I know of charge you for the items. Sometimes more than "market" value. The charge is for their expenses in doing the paperwork, transport and overhead in/to the lifestyle to which they have become acustomed (how efficient would you guess their overhead cost are?). But you MIGHT get a better piece.

I briefly had a deal worked out with the Iowa Surplus Agency (until they were reorg) where they charged our Fire Dept $75/req. I located, screened/inspected, and transported. Do some fast talking an maybe you can get something arranged. But better be a dang worthy public agency (with no $). A museum isn't likely a good enough rational. Very picky what "nonprofits" are eligible most stuff goes to State/local gov't agencies.