• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Droop screw adjustment on ld 465 1c

95B

I own a 1969 M756A2 that has the ld 465 1c non-turbo engine. The fdc has been bypassed. It takes a little while for it to start. I noticed that when the fuel shutoff lever in the cab is pushed all the way in, the rod in the side of the injection pump is at the 6 o'clock position and not the 7 o'clock. I saw a thread on you tube where someone stated that it can cause hard starting being in the 6 o'clock position. They said this can be corrected by adjusting the droop screw so it will change the setting to the 7 o'clock position. I will need some information on how to actually adjust the droop screw. Any information and/or schematics will be appreciated.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the FDC is bypassed the droop screw will just change the main fuel adjustment ( twin nut ). If you want more fuel now do the main fuel adjustment or twin nut. Just be real careful and do not let the inner nut turn at all or the stud will break. Need real thin wrench for inner nut outer jam nut just do not let it grab inner nut. Mark the inner nut with magic marker and you can keep track count of the turns . Turning the inner nut clockwise after you loosen the outer jam nut to increase fuel.

Last edited:

V8srfun

There is no droop screw on non-turbo engines.
Check the injector pump manual.
How did all the trucks that had a turbo added after the military got them get a drop screw. There was no drop screw install kit with the turbo kits.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did all the trucks that had a turbo added after the military got them get a drop screw. There was no drop screw install kit with the turbo kits.
Good question. Did they change the IP? When the FDC is still working the smoke cam and droop screw if it has a droop screw are set for the emergency fuel listed. When the FDC is disabled they would be out of adjustment. After FDC bypass we most of the time have to turn down the fuel by way of the twin nuts or main fuel adjustment. The truck should then put out a nice puff of black smoke on take off and smoke should clear when RPM's increase or higher RPM under load.
Yes if a pump had a droop screw but FDC was bypassed you could use it to lower or raise the fuel. It is easer to use twin nut or main fuel adjustment because now no FDC both do the same thing.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks