• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dropped conversations?

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm wondering if anyone has trouble with messages not being sent/seen? Over the past two months I have sent several PMs that went unanswered. I understand that sometimes people get busy, or forget to answer. I'm just curious whether other folks have trouble sometimes. Thanks.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just to give a little explanation of the forum, when you start a conversation with another user, the server emails them a notice about it. If they click on the link in the email, it will send them into the conversation. However, if they just come back to the site, they either will need to click on the notification to view it, or open their conversations mailbox. Now for the more difficult part. Since the server also handles all the emails, we've ran into getting blacklisted in the past. So we had to implement a system that will NOT email people if their email bounces back. What this means is if someone fills up their email account and starts sending out bounces, we stop sending to them. They then have to verify their email again on the website. This isn't great for ensuring communication, but getting blacklisted is even worse.

Then there's also the people that change email accounts and never update here. Or the people that have notices turned off...

Sorry for the ramble, but I wanted to explain a few possibilities.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for taking the time to explain. I realize that managing all of the ins and outs of 95,000 plus members, as well as their messages and posts, takes an enormous amount of time and effort. And there is no way to account for user error. I very much appreciate what you do to keep this forum running smoothly and I'm thankful to be a member of such an awesome group of people. It would be cool if there was a system in place to notify the sender when a message is received, but I get that would put extra strain on people and software. Again, thank you for what you do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks