• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drove a deuce to work today.

jrou111

It was a pretty day out, and my immediate supervisor had been bugging me to bring a truck to work, so I drove one of the better looking trucks to work this morning.

Traffic wasn't too bad, got to work while all the managers were in a meeting, I didn't know how the director would take it :shock: cause sometimes it's not good to rock the boat. Turns out he thought it was kinda cool :cool:

Tuesdays is $.50 wing day at Buffalo Wild Wings, so we headed to lunch. I was persuaded by my immediate supervisor to take the deuce :cool:

So we proceeded to drive through the middle of Hoover, AL (the busy mall area) in traffic. It wasn't too bad, got to lay on the horn a few times :cool:

All my coworkers had a kick out of the truck, and my immediate supervisor really had a blast riding in the truck.

Some pics:

Attachments

datsunaholic

That's pretty cool. I can't take mine to work as our parking is an underground garage with 6'8" clearance, but I have taken it to the Museum I volunteer at.

steelandcanvas

A couple of Vets at work keep asking me when I'm going to bring the Deuce in. One Guy has a M38 he just bought a few months ago, he can park it anywhere, the Deuce, well that's another story.

zb39

Where I work I am the boss, I wish some of my employees had a duece to drive! Mostly its foreign junk!

rattlecan6104

I drive mine every now and then. I took it to our squadrons pre-deployment brief and had all the officers completely wowed. The XO was wondering who's it was, now he knows...

tm america

i drive mine to work about once a week . the guy that works like a block away has two m35a2's its cool when we both drive em it looks like we're starting a convoy:-D

andyindy

I too try to drive mine to work at least once every turn over. No negative comments at all, everybody thinks it's great!!! Vehicle of choice when I'm off. Over 5200 miles in the 9 months I've had it. CARRY ON!!! Andy..........

GoHot229

I have no work to go to fortunatly living on the farm, but a ride into town to 'Tractor Supply' or 'Lowes' always brings a fiew minuates of conversation, and the City Police more often than not throw a Salute my way. I go to my Daughters work occasionally, Advanced Auto, and the whole store unloads to see the 'ARMY TRUCK' out in the parking lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks