• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drum / filter bag setup?

RAYZER

I built a gravity feed setup using 5 micron string wound water filtration filters that you can buy at any hardware store, they work very well.I have filtered and burned over 200 gal of wmo using this setup.

rolling18

my hilbilly setup!!

heres mine!
(its my first) so go easy on me
preheat oil to about 225 F. poured through 75 micron screen into buckets to 3 staged filter bags 10, 5, 1 micron. traffic cone "funnel" to 275 tote ready to use storage.!! [thumbzup] at that temp it flows almost fast enough to keep up!! I had it almost 300F lol but to hot for the harbor freight diesel pump and couldnt operate it well.

Attachments

I only filter to five microns. Drive it every day on waste oil. My new secondary filters are Six micron spin on. They have a few thousand miles on them so far and have not plugged.

Philippians 4:3
Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.

joshs1ofakindxj

I got my filter bags and drum strainer from Duda Diesel.

3- 5 micron bags, 3- 10 micron bags, 3- 25 micron bags, pipe fitting adapter for bags, and 55 gal drum strainer with shipping was $63.

JOEDEUCE

I'm using "polyester" filter bags, the polyester is supposed to be less absorbant or something to that effect, wich keeps the oil from clinging to the fiber material of the bag. I'm runnin four filter bags , 10,5,1 and .5 micron. The
The poly bags seem to work well so far and oil passes through well . I'm strickly gravity feed for simplicity....

oddshot

I use a commercial light duty filter bag setup at 5 microns and pump the oil through it. Cut it 50/50 in the summer, about 25/75 in the winter for use in my NHC250 powered trucks.

Unit I use is:
100XB Filter Housing w/Stand at F2F Filtration Units (didn't purchase from these folks, but they have a nice description of the unit and some other interesting looking stuff on thier site.)
That one is a pretty slick setup.

I made a copy of it using an old fire extinguisher, scrap steel, black pipe and some pvc tubing.

Heating the oil with an element from a household water heater make the oil flow like you know what through a goose.

Attachments

randini

I use the filter bags from Duda diesel. I use 3 bags, one inside the others. the inside is usually a 20 micron, then 10 or 5 micron, finally a 1 micron. I cut the WMO with gasoline to thin it, and filter when its warm, by gravity. It take about 2-4 hours, for 5 gallons to filter. I use a 5 gal bucket over the bags. The bags are over another 5 gallon bucket. The top bucket has a 3/16th hole to limit oil flow. I am at work, so no picts...sorry
I think the 20 micron is unnessisary, but I still use it. Someone mentioned putting a magnet in the first bag. I dont, but I am thinking about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks