• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

drum lock mini handle

stellaruthie

wondering if any one knows a source for the mini drum lock sloted bolt that releases the winch drum?mine was missing at pickup,and theres just a threaded hole there,thanks alot Jeff:-D

m109guy

A great reason for buying another truck ;)

"Honey, why did you buy ANOTHER truck??"

"Because I was missing a bolt on the first truck and this one has it!"

"But doesn't that mean the new truck will now be missing the bolt?"

"Your right!! Better buy "another" truck!!"

:D

stellaruthie

drum lock

also does anyone know if the winch is suppose to operate with drum lock lever missing?,mine does not,winch driveshaft is turing but winch wont move,thanks Jeff

avengeusa

PS, I could make you a knob pretty easy if you do not have one, some had a knob, some had a handle, mini handle

tm america

the reason its not working is cuz that is the handle to disengage the winch it wont work unless it is locked in-pushed to the pass side. the little handle or knob is the winch brake it holds the load when winch is not pulling

tm america

i have a spare mini handle if you need it not sure what thread the bolt is that holds it on but i'm pretty sure it is availible at the hardware store.read the tms on winching it will explain it to you better how to use your winch safely

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the handle is missing the drum lock is stuck in the engaged position.

If the bolt is broken (which is usually the case when the lever is missing) you can fix it by cutting the bolt off flush with the pin, drilling the pin out and tapping it 5/16", and screwing in a piece of 5/16" all-thread.

stellaruthie

well thanks for the replys,my winch must be missing more then just the little handle because I just have a threaded hole were the little handle goes?maybe a rod that threads in the hole and the mini handle attaches to that?thanks.:roll:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably are just missing the whole lockpin assembly. The threaded hole you can see is where the slotted nut/plug (encircled red) screws in.
No problem to use the winch without this; just find a way to prevent (self)un-spooling of the drum/wire rope while driving!

I can give you the exact dimensions for all parts to have them made if you can't find them OEM.

G.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look at the -20P TM, you can easily identify the parts you are missing. Then you can actually reference the part number(and correct part name) to everyone . Also, a google search for the NSN or part number can help you find replacements.

If TNJ Murry does indeed have those, as was mentioned, I bet a google search for the NSN would have led you right to them.

The tms are such a huge help, it amazes me how many people don't utilize them more.

KsM715

In defence of those who dont use the TM's first. Those can be intimidating if you were never in the military and used to using TM's or just new to MV's. IF you list all the deuce manuals thats a couple a thousand pages to sift thru trying to figure out what your looking at.

503m715

I have several extra poppet shafts and drum lock handles. Part nos NSN:5315-00-696-0789, and NSN:2540-00-740-9150 I do not have any spare springs or nuts. If you have the brake adjusted right, you are better off without the drum lock. I have several parts winches that were destroyed because someone forgot to unlock the drum before using the winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks