• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dryer constantly purging

Mario

Have you tried pushing the palm of your hand onto the "exit" of the purge under (on the bottom) of the air dryer? Often times due to lack of maintenance or just general crud in the airlines - the little rubber flapper that opens and closes will get stuck open. Your palm on the exit will often times make it close...

Guess based on your next post (just above) you solved the problem with a replacement dryer.
Good For You!!
I did try 'overriding' the purge. I even took the unit apart and cleaned it (easy and was able to learn what's inside).
None of that worked.
The suggestion about the governor was a valid one I thought as well. If the line was telling the dryer to purge, it purged. IMG_2752.jpg

In the end, it was just an old and tired unit, even though it doesn't have that many miles on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks