• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dryrot for 395

broman78

I've been looking to get some 395's or maybe 1400's and would like to know the likelihood for dryrot on tires that have been stored out side. I saw some 12.5's that showed dryrot when you pulled on the tire. with the 395's I didn't try to pull on the tire to determine the degree of dryrot.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its out there. When I got mine, the 7th has some showing. Glad its only a spare. I have been told silicone helps ward off dry rot. Guess I'll have to try it on my spare.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rubber on the sidewalls is very thin, can't have much, if any structural function, maybe it's only an indicator of what's below the surface. I have presented this question before (to tire "experts") and the only answer I got was "replace the tire"...guess that's easy with unlimited funds and with tires currently in production.
It would be nice to know how significant "dry rot" and "cob web" cracks etc, really are.

broman78

so is it heat, uv, or exposure to weather that causes the dry rot or a combination of the 3. I was looking to be about 18 1600's but I would store them in a storage container.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks