• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual 12 / 24 volt alternator on M932A2

BrushMaster Builder

Yes, I've installed the CE Niehoff 200 Amp 12/24 on two M939 (with Armored Cab) repowers I did a few years back for the National Guard. We had to build a beefy support bracket to hold that bad boy.....heres a picDSCF0053.jpg

162tcat

Brushmaster, what intercooler are you using in front of the radiator? Is that a stock m939 radiator? What other application, if any, is that intercooler used on?

BrushMaster Builder

The radiator and CAC in the picture is the same cooling package in a Marine Corps 7-Ton MTVR manufactured by Modine. That cooling package, in the MTVR, supports a C13 Cat and a 4700 Allison. In my repower I was using a Cummins ISL and 3500 RDS Allison. Needless to say....that cooling package had no trouble with the Cummins and Allison. More is always better..........

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing the info and the pictures! Keep them coming!

Are the front brakes upgraded? I see a 3rd hose? Can you tell us more.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another option would be a battery equalizer. I picked one up for my SEMTT project that supports up to 50 amps for $125 shipped off ebay.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

jelfert

My dual volt alternator has a 8 groove pulley. What is the correct belt to use? I've read that it will need to be longer than the stock one.

Last edited:

w3azel

Ok so I'm about to purchase one of these dual voltage alts for my truck. I don't know much about these types of things but I just want to get something cleared up before I start wiring. Everything shares the same ground correct? I don't need to wire a second ground separate from the vehicles current one for the 14v system?

CPDOG

hello from Seattle

I have been communicating with a rep from Niehoff about ordering the 1505 and he sent me the actual blueprints and I have been doing some base line dimension checks and so forth., but has anyone actually installed one yet? if anyone has, please send me an email if you would. and maybe some pics.

my main concern is it a drop in replacement or will there be some fabricating of different brackets involved?

I thank all of you for the inputs and look fwd to reading them.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking at adding a n1511 dual 12v & 24v 100 amp off a lmtv to a nhc250 m923. From what I can see so far the double ear will mount on the bottom but definitely need a new top bracket fabricated for the top mount. A double pulley looks ok to mount on the front shaft. I am concerned the voltage regulator might not clear the oil cooler. I have not yet tried to mount it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks