• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual 9.00 on bobbed m35a2

bmx590

Ok I'm just about to start my bobbing. My question is i don't have the funds for different wheels and tires right can I keep the dual set up on the back and run a m105 trailor as the bed? Not lifting the bed off the frame for now.

Flyingvan911

You can flip the rear hubs and run singles. There are several threads on here about flipping the hubs. It's not hard, it just takes a little time. You'll want to repack the wheel bearing, new seals, check your brake pads, cylinders, etc.

bmx590

I have looked into that. Just don't want to flip the hubs till I get new wheels and tires. Just going to run the dual setup if it will for now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobbers make me want to hurl...:mad:
Would you buy a new 3/4 ton truck and remove half the rear leaf springs?
Nope, wouldn't do it with a new deuce either. I do know what you mean about hurling though, chopped up CUCV fenders and pickup trucks with stacks have the same effect on me! At least there is a reason for chopped fenders, I can't see any practical purpose for the stacks.

HanksDeuce

Why do people that dislike bobbed deuces always view and post in bobbed deuce threads? Didn't your mama ever teach you if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself? It's his truck. This is America. How many deuces were produced? Who cares if he bobs it besides you few negative type folks? There wouldn't be hot rods if people didn't bob, chop, cut, weld, French lights, etc. on perfectly running coupes back in California in the early days. How about just browsing the deuce forum instead? Let us bobbed deuce owners have fun without ridicule. Sorry to to rant but it gets old in each and every new bobbed deuce thread. Almost as old as search or read the TM's! But we realize those two gripes are necessary.

Davis Welding

I agree 100% HanksD! I have been viewing this forum as a guest of a very long time, searching for info on certain topics that I was unable to figure out on my own or from the TM's. It never fails that while searching, you end up with 90% of the responses being "do a search for it" rather than that person just giving the answer so that the answer has more results. I have found over the years that usually the person saying "search" really has no idea what the answer is nor do they know where to find it. It's not just here, it's all forums these days!

9.00-20's will fit as duals! The wheels have plenty of offset to accommodate tires of that size.

Jeepsinker

We are just trying to convince people to stop ruining otherwise good trucks. Just doesn't make any sense unless you go as far as you did with yours. Simply removing an axle and cutting the frame and bed down doesn't make the truck better in any way, it just debilitates it.

Then they wonder why it won't pull or haul the way a normal deuce would....

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had duals on one bobber I had. But they were 11.00's. I had to cut two ribs on each wheel well of the M105 bed for clearance. But no issues otherwise.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are just trying to convince people to stop ruining otherwise good trucks. Just doesn't make any sense unless you go as far as you did with yours. Simply removing an axle and cutting the frame and bed down doesn't make the truck better in any way, it just debilitates it.

Then they wonder why it won't pull or haul the way a normal deuce would....

In WWII, the military had great success using the GMC 2 1/2 tons and Chevy 1 1/2 tons. The bobbed deuce is the current day 1 1/2 ton and they even played with the XM381 platform. Some folks need a smaller truck, some can't have a 3 axle truck. There are many practical reasons for doing one! I'm not a fan of trailer beds but that's not my choice. I'd much rather see a bobbed deuce over a truck rotting away in a yard with only one axle left.

As far as expecting deuce performance out of a truck with one nut, that's just crazy.

dilligaf13

To answer the original question..... I had dual 9.00X20 on the back on a bobbed deuce. It had a M105 bed on it, with no modifications to the bed, and there were no issues. I also had 14.00's on this truck but I really liked the way it looked with dual 9.00's

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks