• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual action fuel pump

zout

Is there any vendor that sells a FULL rebuild kit for the dual action fuel pump on the M38A1 ?.
Calls made today only have kits for fuel side and not vacuum side and I am not willing to toss $159 for a rebuilt one out the window quite yet when the labor costs to rebuild can be mine and not someone else to do it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Attachments

modified

"Then and Now Automotive"
Antique Auto Parts Cellar

be wary of the rebuild kit rubber-material pkg by other vendors. The concern is that most buna-n and neoprene type rubbers are susceptible to fatigue and accelerated failure when used with current Ethanol -based fuel, i.e; E-10 and E-15.

Read the 4 pages of info provided on the link, very informative. I've used there rebuild, really nice kit and comes with correct replacement screws/fasteners.

Militoy

Is the M38 fuel/vacuum pump the same one as used on the CJ3A? I have a 49 3A that was an interim National Guard vehicle - puchased out of PDO before GL screwed the pooch. It picked up quite a few M38 parts while it was in service - as many "hodgepodge" Jeeps did. I switched over to a single-stage pump, since I couldn't find a rebuild kit for the vacuum style pump I was happy with, nor a replacement pump that would last more than a few months in our desert conditions. I'd love to go back to the original 2-way pump.

ohiomgman

I have used, Then and Now's, fuel pump kits to rebuild many fuel pumps for MV's. Top notch. I just rebuilt the pump on one of my M38's and one for my wingman's M37 Dodge... T&N's kits even include all new check valves for both the fuel and the air side of the dual action pumps.

Last edited:

zout

I eventually got the full kit for fuel & vacuum from this fella:
houghton@classicpreservation.com

Also after much fustration I sent the diaphrams to him for both fuel & vacuum and he pressed the purchased kits into them - the rest of the assembly I rebuilt on the bench here - but it was a full kit for BOTH sides not just the fuel side.

He did rebuild the diaphrams very cheap - think it was like $7 each plush shipping and sent him the diaphrams that I bought from him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks