• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual front battery install w/ pix

kapnklug

For anyone who wants to shoe-horn a couple group 35 truck batteries under the hood instead of the giant 6TL batts, here's the setup I came up with. The whole thing is made out of recycled box-spring mattress frame channel (1.5" sq L-channel). It attaches with (3) bolts thru the pass. inner fender, (2) bolts thru the core support and (1) into the pass. outer fender. The hold-down bar needed (4) pads (made from 1" square tube cut in half) to keep it above the vent caps on the batteries.
As you can see from the wiring, my truck has been converted to 12V but the tray/hold-down would be the same for 24V.
Pic #1: the battery tray installed. The black L-bracket in the foreground is for the turbo airbox, not related to the batteries.
#2: the freshly painted battery tray on the "workbench."
#3,#4: batteries, hold-down and wiring

NOTE: you want to keep the positive terminals toward the firewall and driver's side, since the alternative puts them dangerously close to shorting on body

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks