• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual fuel tanks

rustystud

I have a quick question for anyone who has put a extra fuel tank on there deuce. After you remove the spare tire carrier, how do you deal with the parking brake cable ? Do you cut a new hole in the frame and reroute it higher ? Will that work ? Any clearance issues ?
Thanks.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a quick question for anyone who has put a extra fuel tank on there deuce. After you remove the spare tire carrier, how do you deal with the parking brake cable ? Do you cut a new hole in the frame and reroute it higher ? Will that work ? Any clearance issues ?
Thanks.
I just drilled a new hole and it works well.

Attachments

oddshot

I did the same as QJ ... no problems, no troubles.

I did it so long ago I forget which end of the cable I took off. If I had to guess, I 'd say I unhooked it from the brake.

T

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Quadjeeper. So I assume there was no clearance issues ? Also did you take the cable off at the transmission or at the lever in the cab ?
No clearance issues, took it off at the brake. Was easy as I had the hole in the 109 floor already cut out for the battery compartment.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks.
This is funny
I just was inspecting, watching, thinking, what would be the next best thing.... - more fuel capacity- ....put the spares up in the bed, corrodes away where it is.. duh ----what must I do to get that done.
Phooey that cable is in the way and I'm taking pictures and imagining.
That was 1330 to 1345 local.
It is 94F° in the shade and Sunday, have to stop perusing, so I go inside, light off the puter to find a
4 star asking the same questions.
This is cool being home at SS and pictures for the general.IMG_5337.jpgIMG_5369.jpgIMG_5366.jpgIMG_5367.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

rustystud

This is funny
I just was inspecting, watching, thinking, what would be the next best thing.... - more fuel capacity- ....put the spares up in the bed, corrodes away where it is.. duh ----what must I do to get that done.
Phooey that cable is in the way and I'm taking pictures and imagining.
That was 1330 to 1345 local.
It is 94F° in the shade and Sunday, have to stop perusing, so I go inside, light off the puter to find a
4 star asking the same questions.
This is cool being home at SS and pictures for the general.View attachment 556438View attachment 556442View attachment 556439View attachment 556440
What's the old adage " great minds think alike " !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks