• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual fuel tanks

rustystud

I have a quick question for anyone who has put a extra fuel tank on there deuce. After you remove the spare tire carrier, how do you deal with the parking brake cable ? Do you cut a new hole in the frame and reroute it higher ? Will that work ? Any clearance issues ?
Thanks.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a quick question for anyone who has put a extra fuel tank on there deuce. After you remove the spare tire carrier, how do you deal with the parking brake cable ? Do you cut a new hole in the frame and reroute it higher ? Will that work ? Any clearance issues ?
Thanks.
I just drilled a new hole and it works well.

Attachments

oddshot

I did the same as QJ ... no problems, no troubles.

I did it so long ago I forget which end of the cable I took off. If I had to guess, I 'd say I unhooked it from the brake.

T

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Quadjeeper. So I assume there was no clearance issues ? Also did you take the cable off at the transmission or at the lever in the cab ?
No clearance issues, took it off at the brake. Was easy as I had the hole in the 109 floor already cut out for the battery compartment.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks.
This is funny
I just was inspecting, watching, thinking, what would be the next best thing.... - more fuel capacity- ....put the spares up in the bed, corrodes away where it is.. duh ----what must I do to get that done.
Phooey that cable is in the way and I'm taking pictures and imagining.
That was 1330 to 1345 local.
It is 94F° in the shade and Sunday, have to stop perusing, so I go inside, light off the puter to find a
4 star asking the same questions.
This is cool being home at SS and pictures for the general.IMG_5337.jpgIMG_5369.jpgIMG_5366.jpgIMG_5367.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

rustystud

This is funny
I just was inspecting, watching, thinking, what would be the next best thing.... - more fuel capacity- ....put the spares up in the bed, corrodes away where it is.. duh ----what must I do to get that done.
Phooey that cable is in the way and I'm taking pictures and imagining.
That was 1330 to 1345 local.
It is 94F° in the shade and Sunday, have to stop perusing, so I go inside, light off the puter to find a
4 star asking the same questions.
This is cool being home at SS and pictures for the general.View attachment 556438View attachment 556442View attachment 556439View attachment 556440
What's the old adage " great minds think alike " !!!