• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual Glasspacks

MuddWeiser

Why do you want to lift the truck and put 38" tires on it?

Military vehicles are somewhat a "collectors" car... A piece of history... And honestly perform really well in stock configuration. You'll ruin the look/feel/purpose of the truck if you lift it and throw big tires on. It will also end up performing WORSE than stock!

I put some 32" mud terrains. It made it look pretty "mean" and its not lifted. It goes through 2ft mudbogs, and 3ft snow burms no problem...

AND you retain some of the gas mpg. It behaves well on the road, and doesn't wear out the steering setup and other associated drivetrain parts... Its super reliable and a really fun car to drive!!!

if I were you I would Spend your money restoring it....

Just my opinion... (and I have had plenty of lifted trucks in my life...)

99dodge1500

Yes I know they are a piece of history, I want the lift and tires to fix the gear problem and for the look of it. I am not looking for something to big of a lift.

crownjewel4

I just had a local Muffler Shoppe add 2 Cherry Bombs to my M1009 Blazer. It sounds awesome, not that noticeable when cruising around, but when you get on it SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL!!- Not too crazy, just right- like the third bowl of porridge.

Put a set on an turn that 6.2 into a beast.:p

Enjoy:twisted:

randyscycle

Let me offer a little piece of advice to you: take it or leave it as you choose.

At a young age I spent a lot of time around mufflerless, or poorly muffled bikes, cars, trucks and other assorted and sundry gas and diesel powered things. Now at over 40, I cannot hear very well. All of that is because of those high decibel noise producing open exhausts that probably did nothing for performance and everything to damage my hearing. The fact I thought they sounded "cool"doesn't really even seem to matter now. I just wish I'd worn hearing protection then. It may not make any sense now, but fast forward a couple decades and you will then understand.

In another vein, looking back, I'd save the money you are planning to spend on trinkets, chrome, tires, mufflers, etc, and put it toward things that matter, like brakes, lights, driveline repairs, and other items that won't leave you on the side of the road on a dark rainy night.

Last edited:

99dodge1500

I have money set aside for mantnice and other goodies, I have had many things loud I have my limit. I don't want it just loud, I want it to sound nice.

steelandcanvas

Let me offer a little piece of advice to you: take it or leave it as you choose.

At a young age I spent a lot of time around mufflerless, or poorly muffled bikes, cars, trucks and other assorted and sundry gas and diesel powered things. Now at over 40, I cannot hear very well. All of that is because of those high decibel noise producing open exhausts that probably did nothing for performance and everything to damage my hearing. The fact I thought they sounded "cool"doesn't really even seem to matter now. I just wish I'd worn hearing protection then. It may not make any sense now, but fast forward a couple decades and you will then understand.

In another vein, looking back, I'd save the money you are planning to spend on trinkets, chrome, tires, mufflers, etc, and put it toward things that matter, like brakes, lights, driveline repairs, and other items that won't leave you on the side of the road on a dark rainy night.
Well said my friend!

gt1009

I have the glasspacks right where the stock mufflers were and they just exit into a downturn. I took off the factory tailpipes because they had rusted off at the muffler.

maritimer

i also went with duel glaspacks * cherybomb brand* in place fo the factory mufflers kept the factory tail pipes , not terribly loud at cruising speed with the top off with the top on in the back seat its hard to hear anyone up front, and if you hit that "brrrrraaaapppppp" point you cant hear a damn thing. but the free flowing exhaust over the stock chokers help with both slight performance gains * hardly noticable unless you know engines well especialy diesels* and keeping egts slightly lower. i pinched one of the tail pipes o na rock awhile back so the whole system is gonna get duel 3" with a slightly quieter performance muffler just cause my kids ride around in it now so i dotn want to hurt there ears to much.

99dodge1500

I don't feel like talking to my friends sometimes so that could be a good thing. If I had kids I would do the same to, I would feel really bad if I had made my kids have a hearing aid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks