• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual Springer Suspension seats

Ridgerunner

I was tired of my old uncomfortable box seat, and the stock fold down seat next to it, was less than desirable for my wife/passengers. So I picked up two ugly springer seats and a pair of MasterCraft seats to mount on the springer seat bases. The drivers side seat base bolted into the stock mounting holes, So no trouble there. But nothing lined up on the passenger side (bummer) I didn’t want to drill new holes in the cab floor, and use washer under the floorboard to hold the seat in. Even if I did drill new holes, the existing bolt holes would all show, which I didn’t care for. So I welded the holes shut on the seat base, and welded tabs to it, so I could use the original mounting seat holes in the floor.

The MasterCraft seats are a type of suspension seat of them selves, as the bottom of the seat that supports you, is made out of the material just like a trampoline. Add this to the springer suspension seat base, and and it all adds up to two dang nice riding seats.

Attachments

Ridgerunner

Great job!! Did you order them from Mastercraft? Didnt see any offered in od,how pricey are they??

I didn't get the seats directly from MasterCraft. I got them from a guy on egay, that sold these and other military parts. He's located out of Florida, if you want to try and search. He had a couple dozen at the time when I purchased mine, but that was last fall. The seats, including the 4" seat base that came with them (didn't use), harnesses and slider adjustment assembly cost me $100 each. He had cut a deal on the seats, because we were buying a half dozen Warn 24-volt 18,000# winches from him at the time.

gaspain

love those seats, I would get a set if I can find some. Those are MRAP blast ATTENUATION seats BTW.

http://www.mastercraftdefense.com/seats.php

I emailed mastercraft for a quote, they then replied back "whats the application?" I told them its for my M35a2 truck...they never replied back, jerks. Maybe they only sell these to .mil, and they guy you got them from got them off gov liq?

Last edited:

KsM715

Maybe if Mastercraft got enough request the would put OD in there color line up for the suspension seats. I bet a lot of rockcrawler buggy guys would rather have OD Green vs red.

KsM715

love those seats, I would get a set if I can find some. Those are MRAP blast ATTENUATION seats BTW.

MasterCraft Military: Suspension Seats

I emailed mastercraft for a quote, they then replied back "whats the application?" I told them its for my M35a2 truck...they never replied back, jerks. Maybe they only sell these to .mil, and they guy you got them from got them off gov liq?
Not a very good sales dept.

If I remember , I'll call the 800 number monday and ask if they sell to the general public.

hdmax

Those seats are really nice. And Paul's truck is a beast! It has to be the biggest truck I have ever seen. It's totally awesome in person.
I recommend taking a trip to see it if you are ever in his area.

KsM715

Got busy this week and kind of forgot about this. I called them. I didnt ask specifically about the blast attenuation seats, but I did ask about the color. They will put that color on any of their suspension seat, the back would be vinyl and the front would be the OD material. She said it would be an additional cost for custom color. (the OD color)

treeguy

Ahmmmmm.....so whats the deal with the winches? Do you have them to sell? Cool seats, they look like a must to me. Is there enough room in the cab to slide them back, I mean hows the leg room. As you know, the deuce cab is tight and I've got my seat all the way back now. I'd like to look into after market seats but in the back of my mind I wonder if there will be enough room forward and back for them to fit.

Ridgerunner

Ahmmmmm.....so whats the deal with the winches? Do you have them to sell?
We bought in quantity so we could get a discounted price. I bought one for myself to install in the rear of my Bobbed Deuce. So that one isn't for sale. Another guy had bought one also for his Deuce, and SS member (gunnerbear) had bought the rest, one for his Deuce and the rest to sell. I know he had sold some, so I don't know if he has any left to sell. I know he had bought a complete PTO driven winch setup since then also, so I'm not sure what his plans are for a winch truck yet.

The winches are bad a$$, but heavy though. Their brand new and everythings in there for the 24 -volt winch... cable, controler, roller fairlead, bolts, hook and clevis.

Attachments

Ridgerunner

There's about 14" of space between the bucket seats. So I'm going to cut down and modify the stock fold down passanger seat to fit between them. Kind of a small jumper seat, center console. With the backrest folded down, it'll give us some place to set food/drinks and what not, if we pull over and stop some place to get something quick to eat while out on the road.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks