• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual wheels on front of a deuce

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think two dual Tire up front would be extremely helpful in situations like mud sand or snow or the very front heavy truck would just sink or dig itself in further...

But could you imagine the steering effort of dual fronts in soft material without power steering?
Slooowwww speed and keep your thumbs on the outside of the steering wheel. I also think it works with the stock 9:00-20 tires but I would not want this setup with 11:00-20 or larger.

rolling18

I think the Best of Both Worlds would be to have the larger tires on the inside and Bolt the smaller ones on the outside duals that way when you're on hard surfaces like dirt or cement only the inside tires would be contacting the surface then when you went into softer material the outside set wood sink a little and then you would have all four tires giving better traction?? Might look a little goofy though

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the Best of Both Worlds would be to have the larger tires on the inside and Bolt the smaller ones on the outside duals that way when you're on hard surfaces like dirt or cement only the inside tires would be contacting the surface then when you went into softer material the outside set wood sink a little and then you would have all four tires giving better traction?? Might look a little goofy though

Been done on the rears.
Post # 48.

2deuce

From my way of thinking there would be only limited benefit from duals up front. They look like they would take the truck anywhere, but in reality I think they would steer the truck. You may move better but not in the direction you want, this being offroad. On road... looks cool... good for shows and conversation.

davidb56

If I lived on flat ground with a lot of deep mud, I'd get a couple sets of Bobcat wheel removable tracks, link them together and make them fit my truck. I don't think I need them for my area. I use a winch, and soon I'll have finish building a fixed V plow for the front, like the road graders have.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
9.00 deuce tires. Not 1100s. A2 Trucks are weak on power. This helps get that power to the ground better than super singles. Meant to pull not for speed.

dmetalmiki

I'm not convinced about the better traction with duels ALL round in deep mud or snow.
You only have to see the unbelievably horrendous (NON!) road conditions Russian Single wheeled trucks negotiate in Siberia and the likes.
Twins just fill up between the 'pairs' and act like skids.
No truck with duels EVER beat a singled out similar truck off road.
I also can't believe what the steering geometry would be trying to do on corners re king pin inclination....toe in And castor...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks