• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual wheels on front of a deuce

Pawnshop

Brave man, I saw an episode of Top Gear where they drove an H1 in a small town in England and got stuck several times, the roads are NARROW over there!

The fronts were dualed sometimes for use in deep mud, guess he is going for authenticity in a particular event in history. OR he could have the 57 Chevy car show syndrome, you ever see a Chevy 210 in a car show? Never see a base model, always a full chrome all option convertable Bel-Aire with air and a bud vase on the dash with every period gegaw they can find including an Elvis steering wheel spinner. I see that in MV shows as well.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice video! I think I would have left the duals off the front fireasier steering, but the truck was nicely restored. Incidentally, the road looks familiar to me. Too bad it doesn't say where it was filmed.

At first I thought the duallys were some nutters idea of trickin' out his truck. I never knew that was actually done on those old trucks.

Can't wait to see some of you nutters try this. It'll be awesome. Don't forget, lots of pics.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At first I thought the duallys were some nutters idea of trickin' out his truck. I never knew that was actually done on those old trucks.

Can't wait to see some of you nutters try this. It'll be awesome. Don't forget, lots of pics.
There is a "track setup" for the front end when running duals too! it's been posted somewhere in the past. Probably appropiate to have it in this thread too!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZg5kwqF06k&feature=related[/media]

madsam

Oh, I want a set of tracks. I have thought of that idea on the back, but I did not know they did that. It would go through snow.
I have extra tires for my 816... Wouldn't that be something on that... ;-)

Last edited:

madsam

Does anyone have good pics of these tracks? We could build something is we could see the design.

pa.rich

Hmmm, The five ton has power steering... Also , I can imagine we will be seeing a new trend in many trucks now. Dual front wheels for everyone. Someone pass the new extra long lugs for the duals please? Seriously, I liked the video and I think Hogans Heroes used that truck after their escape from the tunnel! For those of you old enough to remember Hogan's Heroes" on T.V. The music took me back to that time.:-D And now a word from our sponsor......:roll:

madsam

I think that song was from the "Grate Escape". Although Hogans Heroes was loosely based of that movie.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spotted this truck on another site and it reminded me of the trucks in this thread. Well, it's green and got dualls on all corners. Thread needed a bump anyway!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks