• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Duda diesel bag fillters

leepotter

I've used them. Just going to a 1 Micron no other filtering I could do about 50 gallons on the 1micron 4x16 sock filter before it was clogged. I gravity fed and it was horribly slow.

cbvet

I use them. I usually start with a 25 micron then follow up with a 1 micron. I use a pump or air pressure to push oil through filters. I don't heat the oil or dilute it first.
And I have no idea why my computer has started typing in italics!

cbvet

I guess they can be washed, especially the higher micron ones, but I don't bother. They are really cheap.
The oil I usually get is from propane forklifts and it's pretty clean. I can run about 400 gallons through the 25 micron and 300 through the 1 micron.
With dirtier oil it might be worth the time to wash them out.

randini

I use them. I have a gravity set up, where a 5 gallon bucket drains throught the bag filters, then into another 5 gallon bucket below. I use 3 bags 1micron on the outside, then a 10micron and a 25 inside of the others. I thin the motor oil and ity takes about 2hours to do a 5 gallon batch. I really like the Duda diesel bags.

randini

100_0347[1].jpg100_0351[1].jpg100_0350[1].jpg100_0365[1].jpgHere is my set-up. The top bucket is on a slight incline, and has a 3/16 hole at the bottom. It drains into the filter bags, then into a funnel on top of the bottom bucket. I can do almost 5 gallons at a time. I mix some gas to thin the WMO. I filter all year round. I use 3 bags, the most inside bag is 50 micron, next bag is 10 micron, last bag is 1 micron. Takes about an hour or two for 5 gallons. Works for me, ood luck.

Matt65

Re: Duba diesel bag fillters

I use the Duda Diesel filter bags with the adapter that has 1" threads. I have a cheap 1/2 HP pump from amazon that has actually far exceeded what I expected for its price. I stack 25, 10, then 5 micron bags to progressively filter in one pass. This extends the filter life of the smaller micron bags. I tried gravity fed rigs and it was just too slow, and messy.

Pump: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CKFAZS

Adapter: http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=4adapter

Lindsaym151

Ran, your frame you picture did you make that or purchace it? That is exactly what im looking for .
Simple , NO electricty,
What ratio @ 5gallon drops do you use? 1to 4 or less?

PS looked on amazon couldn't find any Duda bags. I did find their main web site.I will be ordering today!!!

goldneagle

I use the 100, 25 micron first pass. I use the 5, 1 micron on the last stage for final filtering into a 275 gallon tote. They fit through the top opening.

randini

I just mix gasoline at the ratio I feel like. During the summer I use very little, maybe a quart-ish/4 gallon WMO. During the winter, I use maybe a gallon / batch. Truck runs fine. Its harder to start when cold. I also buy straight Diesel in the tank sometimes during the winter. Maybe 50/50 diesel/WMO during the winter. Its hard to make a mistake.
I just welded the frame myself. I had some old fence pieces. The horizontal piece is shaped like an "A". The filter bag fits in this piece.

http://www.amazon.com/Micron-Polyes...1355181363&sr=8-13&keywords=filter+bag+micron

Here is a link to the type of bag I use. they have different sizes and Micron rating.

Jimma

I use the duda filters and have for about two years. I use a larger micron first, then go down to a 5 micron. I mix more gas or diesel in to my tank in the winter for easier starting. No problems.