• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Duda diesel bag fillters

leepotter

I've used them. Just going to a 1 Micron no other filtering I could do about 50 gallons on the 1micron 4x16 sock filter before it was clogged. I gravity fed and it was horribly slow.

cbvet

I use them. I usually start with a 25 micron then follow up with a 1 micron. I use a pump or air pressure to push oil through filters. I don't heat the oil or dilute it first.
And I have no idea why my computer has started typing in italics!

cbvet

I guess they can be washed, especially the higher micron ones, but I don't bother. They are really cheap.
The oil I usually get is from propane forklifts and it's pretty clean. I can run about 400 gallons through the 25 micron and 300 through the 1 micron.
With dirtier oil it might be worth the time to wash them out.

randini

I use them. I have a gravity set up, where a 5 gallon bucket drains throught the bag filters, then into another 5 gallon bucket below. I use 3 bags 1micron on the outside, then a 10micron and a 25 inside of the others. I thin the motor oil and ity takes about 2hours to do a 5 gallon batch. I really like the Duda diesel bags.

randini

100_0347[1].jpg100_0351[1].jpg100_0350[1].jpg100_0365[1].jpgHere is my set-up. The top bucket is on a slight incline, and has a 3/16 hole at the bottom. It drains into the filter bags, then into a funnel on top of the bottom bucket. I can do almost 5 gallons at a time. I mix some gas to thin the WMO. I filter all year round. I use 3 bags, the most inside bag is 50 micron, next bag is 10 micron, last bag is 1 micron. Takes about an hour or two for 5 gallons. Works for me, ood luck.

Matt65

Re: Duba diesel bag fillters

I use the Duda Diesel filter bags with the adapter that has 1" threads. I have a cheap 1/2 HP pump from amazon that has actually far exceeded what I expected for its price. I stack 25, 10, then 5 micron bags to progressively filter in one pass. This extends the filter life of the smaller micron bags. I tried gravity fed rigs and it was just too slow, and messy.

Pump: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CKFAZS

Adapter: http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=4adapter

Lindsaym151

Ran, your frame you picture did you make that or purchace it? That is exactly what im looking for .
Simple , NO electricty,
What ratio @ 5gallon drops do you use? 1to 4 or less?

PS looked on amazon couldn't find any Duda bags. I did find their main web site.I will be ordering today!!!

goldneagle

I use the 100, 25 micron first pass. I use the 5, 1 micron on the last stage for final filtering into a 275 gallon tote. They fit through the top opening.

randini

I just mix gasoline at the ratio I feel like. During the summer I use very little, maybe a quart-ish/4 gallon WMO. During the winter, I use maybe a gallon / batch. Truck runs fine. Its harder to start when cold. I also buy straight Diesel in the tank sometimes during the winter. Maybe 50/50 diesel/WMO during the winter. Its hard to make a mistake.
I just welded the frame myself. I had some old fence pieces. The horizontal piece is shaped like an "A". The filter bag fits in this piece.

http://www.amazon.com/Micron-Polyes...1355181363&sr=8-13&keywords=filter+bag+micron

Here is a link to the type of bag I use. they have different sizes and Micron rating.

Jimma

I use the duda filters and have for about two years. I use a larger micron first, then go down to a 5 micron. I mix more gas or diesel in to my tank in the winter for easier starting. No problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks