• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Duel fuel line mod M818 855 cummins

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
When your work with cummins NW, call the one in Chehalis. They really know their **** down there, that's the only one I use any more. Trent is the guy to talk to, he is familiar with these rigs too.
Funny you should say that... That's where I called, and Trent is who I spoke with. He was very helpful, as far as his ability to do so goes. Once I got him a part number, he found the part immediately.

162tcat

Trent has been a huge help with mine. A great source of knowledge too. He helped with all of the parts on my turbo swap and dual fuel mod He is also the one who told me the big cam engines found in Western Star trucks have the same front mount as ours and would be a bolt in swap.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
Okay, crisis averted for the time being. Thanks to my favourite local hardware supplier, Lincoln Creek Lumber in Centralia, I was able to source an improvised inline ball valve to serve as temporary emergency shutoff untill I obtain the correct original part. I was able to get most of the rest of the parts from the local Napa in Centralia, and I got the harder to find parts, such as the #4 JIC to 1/4" male NPT adaptor, from Industrial Hydraulics in Chehalis. All in it was about $80 or maybe a little more, including the bits to repair what I broke.

If I'd just gone to Indusrial Hydraulics in the first place, it probably would have been $25 or $30 less, but this is how we live and learn. I will remember them when I need other fittings, though. Great prices and excellent selection. Plus, they can order anything I can find in most catalogues. I'll be sure to go to them when I source new steel fuel lines. The two I got were too long and I'm not happy with my horribly amateurish bending and routing.

I'll attach a couple of pictures of the finished setup with the improvised ball valve and T, but I won't include any of the steel lines. As you can guess, I'm ashamed of how that part turned out and will be redoing it as soon as possible.
IMG_20140826_192549_628.jpgIMG_20140826_192608_868.jpg

Jayco36REQS

Has anyone just cut the OEM 5/16" fuel line and used a compression 5/16" Tee then add a 5/16 rear line?

If I read this correct... the head fitting is a 1/8" NPT?

kennys@wi.rr.com

I'm putting a winch on my M923A1 and a member asked me if I was going to do the dual fuel line install and I'm ashamed to admit I wasn't sure what he was talking about. So I took to the world wide interweb and got myself some learning. I found I could buy a kit from Pittsburgh Power for a lot of money or I could skip on over to my local hydraulic shop and gather some parts and make it out of a hydraulic hose rather than a steel line. I personally find hose so much easier to work with than steel line. Temp and pressure rating is real good so I don't believe I will ever have a problem. The only issue I had was cutting the steel line that goes to the front head and then attaching the JIC flareless compression fitting to the line that was still on the head. Also my local shop didn't have single fittings to make this with few connections, however, I have found them online and have ordered them up so when you see all the connections on the back of my head please know that will change later this week. As it is I do have one small leak in all of those connections so I am all to happy to get rid of them. When all is said and done I will have a little over $100 into all the parts I bought but now that I know what I need online and can limit the number of parts needed I can do it for far far less. I also took a before and after video. The throttle response is better but I don't know if it's as impressive as I thought it was at the time of filming. When I get all the winch controls in and the dog house back on I will take the truck for a ride and report back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAt9urCu6Og&feature=youtu.be

IMG_20150710_181911995.jpgIMG_20150710_184103626.jpgIMG_20150710_184407904.jpgIMG_20150711_093940435.jpgIMG_20150711_103636938.jpgIMG_20150711_103657056.jpg

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

It worked so well I started making kits and selling them. It's a pain to install but for me personally it was well worth it. However, the one thing I would not go without is an EGT gauge. More fuel=more heat. You have to keep an eye on that.

wcuhillbilly

In directly the mod dropped my tach. I am now taching out at 1900 instead of 2300 before. I know there is an issue in either fuel delivery or the PT pump itself, Thus, if there are any issues with your system this mod will point them out to you.... when it works like its supposed to,, its GRRRREEEAAATTT!!!!!.

I just don't have the time or the warm weather to fully diagnose what my 855 is throwing at me... So my case is an anomaly.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just bringing this back to life. Thinking about doing this to the replacement engine I am putting in the 813.

Any more info out there about hiw well this mod works/benefits.
Works good. You can up the flow on your pump as well to get more power. You just also need to upgrade the air intake system

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks