• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dueling out m35a3. can it be done

Mat65r

Mat65r. I'm actually looking to go to super singles. And have a complete set of wheels as tires off my A2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Good deal man thanks let me run that by my department in the next meeting . Nebraska wold be a long haul for some tires lol

Mat65r

This is how my A3 looks on 11.00 x 20 tires. These are Firestone 831s. I did not employ a conversion kit. I plugged the lines and that was four years ago. No issues. Flipping the rear hubs is not as complicated as it sounds and the tires will be street legal. It provides a good opportunity to do a complete inspection of the axles, brakes, etc. I replaced all the wheel studs as several were broken when removing. Its a good time to replace the brake lines with new DOT compliant brake lines. Do not run the tires much more than 50-55 psi. They are rated 120 psi and many run them at 80 psi but at 80, the ride is rough and the truck will like to bounce and jump on even the smallest of imperfections in the road at highway speeds.

View attachment 695014
Is it about the same as the a2s I found a few manual on how to do it. If so I might have to make a call and ask some questions. I want to make sure I do it right the first time lol.

Mat65r

Lol. I'd be willing to meet up somewhere along the way if y'all wanted to do a trade.

We will figer some thing out i have to vote on it first in a meeting and go from there I'll pm you when I know some thing we have one set already have 10 tires ready to go on the truck that we had from one of are old a2s we just have to get it done and the single off before the will be ready. One of are guys was just wanting to put the duels on with out flipping the hubs well because they don't know it can be done till I came across this site with I have learned a lot here so far this is a grate place. Lol we had a truck that was really hard to steer and it was a lettle hard for some of are older guys I came here and found out about the air regulater on the bottom of the truck and it's was shut off my chief was tickled that was all that was wrong with it

tstewart259

Awesome! I totally understand the politics of a fire house, I myself am on a department as well. Just let me know what goes on. Even if your not interested in mine I still may be interested in yours depending on location and price and what not.

Mat65r

Thanks brother you bet we want to duel out all three . Were are going to need a another set to do the next one so I will be keeping in touch on the deal

tobyS

You might want to exchange some photo's of tires. Both the 14.5 and 9.00 can have cracking problems.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...are old a2 is parked and has been retired the other one went to the scrap yard after blowing the engine that pore truck was in real ruff shape they both had a hard life...
Don't take any more trucks to the scrap yard, even a well broken in Texas truck with a blown motor should be worth at least double scrap price, to a lot of us vultures here...

tobyS

FYI if you do have trouble with the A3's 1545 Allison tranny, the AT 545 will fit in it's place. With several trucks, your odds are higher that you will at some point. Or as a preventative measure, rebuild before they give up the 4th/reverse clutch and use the new piston seals that hold clutches more securely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks