• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Duels to singles

KaiserM109

I am considering converting the tires on my M923 from 11.00 R20s to 395/85 R20s with wheels to match. I have done a brief search about how to do it and didn't find an answer (If my search wasn't good enough, go ahead and yell at me).

I assume that I need to make the back singles. My question is about flipping the hubs around. I know that on an M35A2 you take the back hubs off, knock out the tire studs, put them in the other way then flip the hub around on the spindle. Can/should that be done on an M923?

Any suggestions before I actually own the 395/85 R20s?

Arlyn

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 395's on my M923 and my M35A2. I would definately not change either truck back to duals. You don't need to flip the hubs, just dish out the rear wheels an they will track the same as the fronts. I used Goodyear MVT's on FMTV wheels and they are great. I am about to switch out the 395's and FMTV wheels to 14.00 Goodyear AT-2s on combat wheels just for the winter time (No real reason for it just have a nice set of 14.00's around and want to save my 395's from wearing out since they are so new). I personally prefer the 395's over the 14.00's or 16.00's. Hope this helps

KaiserM109

I put 395's on my M923 and my M35A2. ... Hope this helps
Helps a lot!! I have been looking at other singles and do see that the wheels are mounted dish-out.

PS I just looked at Dell City, TX on the map; there aren't many roads in your part of the world, are there?!!

Last edited:

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even with the rears dished out they track the same in the front as they do in the rear on my M923. Lol, not many roads at all out here or really much of anything for that matter. There are only two paved roads and only 400 or so people.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, thats how I did mine. I read alot of posts that say they wouldn't. I have had mine on for about a ten months now with no issue. A few people I know also have used the stock wheels and they work great for them too. I have quite a few tires for sale such as 11.00's, 395's, 14.00's, and 16.00's. I attached a picture of my duece on stock wheels (little hard to see) and 395's and a picture of the five ton sitting on 395'sduece1.jpgfiveton.jpg

CM1SCWLACY

Guys, I have a similar question. I have an M35 that has singles on the rear. NOT Super singles, just regular tractor trailer road tires on deuce rims singled up on the rear (So I only have 4 tires on the rear). I want to make it eight but I am unsure about having to reverse the hubs. Would I need to do that? Additionally, should I decide to go to Super Singles all the way around, I am sure I need to get different rims, but do I need to do anything to the hubs?

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are wanting to put duals on it you will need to flip the hubs back to stock posistion. I would recommend switching your truck to super singles. If you switch to super singles you won't have to flip the hubs. You will just dish the the stock wheels in (opposite of my truck pictured above). Research for benefits of super singles so you can get alot of peoples thoughts on it instead of one.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Guys, I have a similar question. I have an M35 that has singles on the rear. NOT Super singles, just regular tractor trailer road tires on deuce rims singled up on the rear (So I only have 4 tires on the rear). I want to make it eight but I am unsure about having to reverse the hubs. Would I need to do that? Additionally, should I decide to go to Super Singles all the way around, I am sure I need to get different rims, but do I need to do anything to the hubs?
CM1SCWLACY you might want to put a picture up from the rear, I have seen a lot of duces that got singled rears where the PO did not flip the hubs.

CM1SCWLACY

First allow me to apologize. I did not realize I was in the 5-ton not the Deuce forum. Never the less thanks for the info. Will Super Singles fit on stock 6-lug M35 Deuce rims? Additionally, is there a particular NSN, part #, or size for Supers? I have seen several Super type tires at my supplier, I just want to make sure I get the right ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks