• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dumb fuel question

I just got a hold of gasoline mixed with aviation fuel, about 3 gallons worth. (Some dumb ass put it in a forklift when the forklift runs on straight gasoline, dad brought it home for me) My question is, if diluted in enough diesel fuel, would it be safe to burn in a deuce? like a ratio of one gallon to a full tank of diesel. I'm going to burn the fuel in my 1977 Jeep J-10 because there is enough gasoline in the mix to make it safe to burn in a gasoline vehicle.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If there is ANY fuel in the deuce tank, I'd just dump it in and run it. Its not a dumb question, your looking out for your baby, we all do that.

Well, I don't actually have a deuce YET!!!!! But, I'm getting there. I got the stuff and I was going to offer it to some of the guys at the Camp Dirt Bag trip next weekend. But, my jeep needs gas. :p Which brings me to my next question, DOES ANYBODY HAVE A DEUCE THEY WOULD TRADE FOR PHYSICAL LABOR???

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I doubt it will happen, but crazier things have happened. I wish you luck. I doubt I'd put it in a civy truck.

ZRacer

Was the gasoline mixed with true AVGAS or jet fuel? Avgas is high octane. Jet fuel is closer to kerosene (and a lower octane equivalent). Kerosene is okay to use in your Deuce as per the multi-fuel design. Avgas or other high octane fuel is not the best choice to run in what is basically a diesel engine. But mixing a few gallons in a tankful of diesel probably won't hurt anything. (Remember the rule about adding 1 qt. of oil per 15 gallons of gasoline. But gasoline is supposed to be used only in an emergency.)

If it were me, I'd just put it in your Jeep. High octane won't hurt a gasoline engine at all.

velociT

Was the gasoline mixed with true AVGAS or jet fuel? Avgas is high octane. Jet fuel is closer to kerosene (and a lower octane equivalent). Kerosene is okay to use in your Deuce as per the multi-fuel design. Avgas or other high octane fuel is not the best choice to run in what is basically a diesel engine.
This.

I would only run it if it was mixed with JP8 or JP5. Super high octane leaded avgas is a bad idea.