• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dumb question?

Midnight Rider

I don't think it would be able to get back into the supply line, like kipman said.

It might pressurize your tank, I guess? Go back and open it up and see if you get a "whoosh" of air coming out. :?:

masonbytrade

It's sucking ar somewhere and I've replaced 80% of the steel lines and all the rubber hoses from the tank to the injector pump. It will start fairly easy, with a decent amount of gray smoke, but after 10-15 minutes it will start to stumble and lose power. I doesn't die and it seems that if I just drive it in town (30 mph) the symptoms aren't as bad. The only steel lines I haven't replaced are the ones between the lift pump and the filter ( runs in the valley) and between the filter and the injector pump. The air was bleeding through the top of the filter before I put a spin-on one in. What are the common leaking spots?

stuinnh

The fuel line is a loop, returns excess fuel to tank. Mine had a artic heater so fuel line had 3 way connector with 1 line feeding fuel to the heater. You may need your injection pump rebuilt. seals etc. can go bad from age, and/or sitting and not driven very much. My rebuild cost me $350 with me taking it in and out. I installed electric fuel pump in line after mechanical one. It would start priming system and returning fuel back to tank.

ace

Put pressure on the tank with a air hose. If you see fuel or hear air coming out of a connection or feed line there is your problem. If not the problem may be a little deeper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks