• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dummy!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an issue on one occasion where my wait light went off after 1 or 2 seconds. It finally started and it had a fair amount of smoke. I have tried to start it 3 different times and 2 of those were today. Light came on and functioned like normal but it wouldn’t start. I charged different batteries yesterday and I was going to change them out today. That was going to be my first place to start troubleshooting. I found the process in the TM and I read most of it. I installed a new PSC steering gear and pitman arm on my H2 today and after I finished it I was going to start on my M1123. I came inside and gave my Mastiff water and wiped his face. I had an instant thought and I had to go confirm it immediately. I forgot that I put a fuel cutoff switch on it. I flipped the switch and turned it to wait and light stayed on for 7 seconds or so and it fired up like normal…. Moral of the story is that it’s not always the the truck that has the problem! Hahaha I shouldn’t even be sharing this with anyone.

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an issue on one occasion where my wait light went off after 1 or 2 seconds. It finally started and it had a fair amount of smoke. I have tried to start it 3 different times and 2 of those were today. Light came on and functioned like normal but it wouldn’t start. I charged different batteries yesterday and I was going to change them out today. That was going to be my first place to start troubleshooting. I found the process in the TM and I read most of it. I installed a new PSC steering gear and pitman arm on my H2 today and after I finished it I was going to start on my M1123. I came inside and gave my Mastiff water and wiped his face. I had an instant thought and I had to go confirm it immediately. I forgot that I put a fuel cut switch on it. I flipped the switch and turned it to wait and light stayed on for 7 seconds or so and it fired up like normal…. Moral of the story is that it’s not always the the truck that has the problem! Hahaha I shouldn’t even be sharing this with anyone.
Yet, I thank you Sir for doing just that, sharing it.....I know I've done "stupid" stuff, if honest, most of us have....thanks for sharing 😊

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an issue on one occasion where my wait light went off after 1 or 2 seconds. It finally started and it had a fair amount of smoke. I have tried to start it 3 different times and 2 of those were today. Light came on and functioned like normal but it wouldn’t start. I charged different batteries yesterday and I was going to change them out today. That was going to be my first place to start troubleshooting. I found the process in the TM and I read most of it. I installed a new PSC steering gear and pitman arm on my H2 today and after I finished it I was going to start on my M1123. I came inside and gave my Mastiff water and wiped his face. I had an instant thought and I had to go confirm it immediately. I forgot that I put a fuel cut switch on it. I flipped the switch and turned it to wait and light stayed on for 7 seconds or so and it fired up like normal…. Moral of the story is that it’s not always the the truck that has the problem! Hahaha I shouldn’t even be sharing this with anyone.
That's no worse than my buddy and I troubleshooting fuel to the M715 for an hour until we realized we hadn't reconnected the feed line after changing the sending unit...
Humility is an admirable trait and your story is a reminder to all of us to sit back and think a minute when troubleshooting.

Thank you for sharing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks