• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump Bed and Winch Install

hanley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent Memorial Day weekend indoors finishing up a couple of projects on my M35A3.

It rained all weekend....so it was kind of a blessing....forced me to be indoors.

Installed a C & C Equipment Dump Bed kit and also installed a 16,800 lb Winch.

Dump Bed install went pretty smooth. And man is that thing a beast. Can't wait to get out and use it!

stripped.jpgcylinder.jpglift test.jpgdiamond plate.jpgtoothless.jpgbottom plate.jpgwinch fitup.jpgfairlead.jpgback in business.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to move the tow bar/shackle mounts forward in case you ever need to tow your truck.

hanley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed.

Still working on installing some gussets between the upper and lower extension plates to stiffen up the extension and tie into the frame.

Waiting to move them forward when I figure out how the gusset is going to work.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Hanley

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to move the tow bar/shackle mounts forward in case you ever need to tow your truck.
Or leave them there and install another set for towing!

The rear pair would be correctly located for a gin pole set, correct?

Looks awesome! I take it that both mods are 24v additions to your A3 and not powered by the truck PTO and hydraulics?

Rick

hanley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or leave them there and install another set for towing!

The rear pair would be correctly located for a gin pole set, correct?

Looks awesome! I take it that both mods are 24v additions to your A3 and not powered by the truck PTO and hydraulics?

Rick

Pump for lift bed is 24V....winch is 12V

mike101

how does the 12v winch work with a 24v system? I know it work running it off of 1 battery but the system won't maintain or recharge the 2 batteries correctly will it? Great job on the 2 installs though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks