• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump bed from m51 on m211

Zaddict

Thanks for the information. Any idea where I might find a dump bed for a m211? I am trying to modify a cargo bed and add ram from later model dump truck.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Your best bet would probably be to add an aftermarket setup to a stock m211/m35a2 cargo bed. The PTO accessory drive that runs the hydraulics on a stock GMC dump truck (m215) is on the driver's side while 5 ton dump trucks like the m817 and m51 have the input on the passenger side so that would be something to keep in mind.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 215 also had a shorter frame & fuel tank, as I remember. If the truck had a winch, then it would have an accessory drive for the dumps hydraulics that mounted to the original PTO, which was all special.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I've got the correct PTO with accessory drive and the cab controls for a GMC dump truck if you want to use a somewhat stock setup. As I mentioned though you'd need to get a hydraulic pump on the drivers side to make it function without a ton of extra work.

Zaddict

Hey Paul, I really appreciate that but I want to keep my m211 looking original and adding scissor hydraulics to it. I can't thank you or the rest of the guys enough for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks