• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dump bed

NorthWoodsDuce

Some day I will get pics of my dump posted... Just finished cutting out an ID light holder for the rear.... need to do a little paint someday... or not?! I took the orig bed off and put on flat rack off of the truck I removed the hoist from. More usefull to me having flat rack than box w/ sides. Now I just need rims and tires...! (and paint job!)

Macanie

We just put an old 9' Galion bed on one or our deuces and used the PTO that you would use for a winch. Then we mounted the old hydraulic pump on the side of the truck frame beside of the engine. We cut down an old winch PTO shaft to connect. We are using it on a construction site, and so far, so good.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did you do about electrics? Can it work straight off 24 v? How is it working aside from your desire for a straight hydraulic mechanism?

TomB

I already had a Monarch electric pump from another project so I bolted it to the frame opposite from the air tanks.
This is the pump I used. http://www.piercewrecker.com/12_volt_pumps.htm#PM-319-6P Pump
The 6qt tank was just big enough for the one big ram.
It was an easy install. Just one hose made by the local NAPA.
Its a 12v pump , so since I have two 12v batteries in series on the truck...
I wired the pump to the low side 12v battery and chassis ground.

Its no problem loading just the one battery because lead acid batteries
recharge well in series even when one is healthier than the other.
Its when you put them in parallel that you get big problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks