• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dump-deuce

dutch-deuce

last summer i bougt a dump-bed for the deuce. It came from a dutch army truck so i had to make it fit the deuce. After some time of grinding and welding it finally fits the deuce. It was time for the hydraulics. Made a bigger oil tank cause i use the hyraulics of the crane. When everything was connected it was testing time. The bed was going up but there was a lot of rust on the cilinder, cleanded up and test some more. When i pust the bed all the way up the cilinder starts spraying oil all over , so i had to rebuild the cilinder. I want to re-chrome it but the rust did make to much damage on the cilinders so looking for other options now.
The bed came with the cilinder and its about 50 years old ( the leak was no big supprise) and they don t make the cilinders anymore so it must be a new coating.

Attachments

KsM715

Wow a crane truck , dump truck and side dump all in one. Thats impressive and something to very jealous over.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Your best bet would probably be to send the cylinder to a machine shop that specializes in hydraulics. They and probably build up the cylinder by welding and re-grind it to new specs. I wouldn't expect it to be cheap, though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks